Local Drive Shaft Refurber-ers

weealwyn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have read through a lot of posts on the forum and self diagnosed a Shaft problem. Oh Er.

I see there are people in UK/England who will refurb and modify the drive shaft ('08 r1200gsa) and replace the Hardy Spicers.

Is there anyone in Ireland? North or South although I am based just outside Belfast.

Anyone with an opinion about Refurb Vs Exchange/New?

thanks
Alwyn

P.S. This started following rolling road test in MOT - Could it be linked?

Try Bill in BMC bIkes on the Ormeau Road, he might be able to do it, or know someone that can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I have read through a lot of posts on the forum and self diagnosed a Shaft problem. Oh Er.

I see there are people in UK/England who will refurb and modify the drive shaft ('08 r1200gsa) and replace the Hardy Spicers.

Is there anyone in Ireland? North or South although I am based just outside Belfast.

Anyone with an opinion about Refurb Vs Exchange/New?

thanks
Alwyn

P.S. This started following rolling road test in MOT - Could it be linked?

Linked ? - would not think so , test puts very little strain on "system"
My first suggestion would be to accurately diagnose the problem - ie if you are "sure" it's shaft - take it out and see (or to be more accurate, feel) . Go from there.

I thought drive shafts were reasonably bomb proof ) ............what have you been doing to it ?

Hi,
There is very little that Dr Farkoff (Jay) does not know about driveshafts. And everything connected to or with them. I reckon it would be worth talking to him.

Can now confirm it is a duff UJ. Gearbox end.
30616e6ed22ed5fdb6369e5b9935f62d.jpg

Going to call around some folks who were sent to me by PM yesterday and weigh up the options.
Thanks to all who offered advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too can vouch for Dr Farkoff. He’s half an hour and a great ice cream away. Speak to him-you are in safest hands.

Obviously yours is not an airhead shaft but if mine ever fails ill be buying one of those that I can rebuild myself. I think motorowrks supply them.

Back
Top Bottom