Iridium Plugs

Tacho D

Reaction score
Changing plugs on these bikes is one of my least favourite jobs. I then remembered from my days in the motor trade, some time in the early nineties Iridium plugs were finding their way in cars. 50,000 miles between changes instead of 6,000. And a possible small gain in performance.I couldn't resist so bought a pair. First thing i noticed was the absence of bullet terminals, instead, just a M4 stud. Tried removing terminals from old plug, but ended up destroying it. So fitted new plugs anyway with just the stud. Everything worked, but thought performance was down. Managed to find seperate terminals on flea bay, and fitted these. All seems well. Does anyone have any experience with these, are they worth the (considerable) extra cost? The ones I fitted were NGK DR8 E IX. which I was told is the direct replacement.

Standard plugs are normally changed at 12,000miles.

Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick here, most spark plugs have an M4 thread for the plug cap, usually the bullet terminal threads onto it. Depends on the application as to whether it is needed or not, with a bullet terminal plug and cap I'd suggest transferring the bullet terminal sleeve from your old plug to the new one so you don't have to butcher your HT lead.

Back
Top Bottom