Africa Twin deals - what's out there ?

GSite

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All
Tempted to replace my 67 plate Africa Twin DCT with a new or nearly new manual of the 2018 or 2019 model year. Aware of 0% deals with only £1000-1500 discount but hoping for a better deal on the outgoing model now the 1100 has been launched.
When I got mine on 0% there was over £3000 discount.
Does anyone know of great deals out there or heard of anything on the grapevine ?
Many thanks
Andy

Personally I would hold off a few months. The deals I am seeing from my usual dealer are not a patch on the one I got on my ATAS (£149 deposit and £149 per month). Tend to see better deals as we edge towards winter.

That is the plan, just looking ahead really, not in a rush, trying to get an idea of what is around so that when deals get "storming" I may jump. Unless the deal is similar to what I got before
(effectively £8750 inc panniers) it seems pointless changing. Cheers

That is the plan, just looking ahead really, not in a rush, trying to get an idea of what is around so that when deals get "storming" I may jump. Unless the deal is similar to what I got before
(effectively £8750 inc panniers) it seems pointless changing. Cheers

i'm sure there is a new model launch this year post bike show(s). My dealer said that newer one will be with more farkles i.e. electronic suspension.

I'm sure there will be a deal to be had on the odler models soon.

i'm sure there is a new model launch this year post bike show(s). My dealer said that newer one will be with more farkles i.e. electronic suspension.

Yeah and it's £14.5k but will the hike in price keep residuals high on the current model, after all I cannot see many paying £15k for only 100bhp.

£3,000 discount seems unlikely, as DING-DONG said, the fancy new model includes a fancy new price tag, so the outgoing version should hold its price better. Last year, December / January was 15% off on the 18 model ATAS when I bought mine.

There's not enough of an upgrade between a 2017 and a 2019 model for me to spunk several thousand on swapping.
How many miles on yours? It may be worth trying to punt it on privately and then look at whats available nationwide....but you may end up with a 17/18 yr brand new bike and not really benefit, other than getting a zero or very low miler ?
I also got the £3k off deal and if I hand mine back in 11 months, it will have cost me around £2700. £900 a year is cheap riding (I suspect I'll be keeping it as it still does all I want from a bike)

There's not enough of an upgrade between a 2017 and a 2019 model for me to spunk several thousand on swapping.
How many miles on yours? It may be worth trying to punt it on privately and then look at whats available nationwide....but you may end up with a 17/18 yr brand new bike and not really benefit, other than getting a zero or very low miler ?
I also got the £3k off deal and if I hand mine back in 11 months, it will have cost me around £2700. £900 a year is cheap riding (I suspect I'll be keeping it as it still does all I want from a bike)

Same here.

I've only done 6000 miles on mine, but that's a lot off-roading.... so it's been battered.

Absolutely cracking platform to farkle and mess about with.

I'm buying mine and keeping it for a while. Not interested in the newer ones.

Spot on!! I'm handing mine back next September at £70 per month it's a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Spot on!! I'm handing mine back next September at £70 per month it's a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Our local dealer has several AT and my mates bike in the shop on sale or return and they are just not selling. Can only imagine the influx of bikes come sept will not help matters.

I really like the AT but have fallen out of love with the DCT, the novelty has worn off, I've found its flaws and would prefer a manual, I like the ATAS, the build quality looks much better especially the finish on the white frame and the lacquer over the stickers.

I will wait to see if there's any deals for customers returning bikes come sept, on the 2020 ATAS.

Likewise, the reason for considering a change is the DCT, also find the novelty has fallen away and it's flaws really bug me at times, so next one will be manual. Think that 11,000 miles in 2 yrs and winters is a long enough trial. Having said that, I love the bike, especially it's nimbleness and relative light weight, but overall not as much as my GSA LC Rallye. If the "no brainer" deals don't emerge on a manual then really happy to keep it, but have some concerns about future value, but then I do have until Sept next year to decide if at 3yrs and about 15000 miles it is worthwhile buying it at the £6400. It could be better to hand it back knowing that it has cost me around £2500, start again, especially if another similar deal is on the table.

I definitely like the look of the new 2020 ATAS and will definitely be trying one before I make any decisions on a new bike.

The seat height on the current bikes is a no go for me.

I’m in the same boat, I’m 2 years into my pcp deal and considering a manual instead of my DCT version. I really like the bike but for it to be a keeper the DCT puts me off, sometimes I like the auto and other times it irritates me. I had a 2 hour ride on a 2019 manual when mine was at the dealer having work done and I thought it felt a bit more punchy than mine, although a little bit snatchy too.

i don,t think there will be any storming deals on the outgoing model as there are not many left in honda stock.

Back
Top Bottom