Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snelly55

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having just about got the hang of Basecamp, I am now stuck with my MacBook Pro being unable to run it as the new version of the Mac OS, Catalina, makes this impossible.

I now need to work out what to replace Basecamp with. Have tried several other flavours but am not convinced. I was wondering if anyone here knew what Garmin's plans were on this?

Having just about got the hang of Basecamp, I am now stuck with my MacBook Pro being unable to run it as the new version of the Mac OS, Catalina, makes this impossible.

I now need to work out what to replace Basecamp with. Have tried several other flavours but am not convinced. I was wondering if anyone here knew what Garmin's plans were on this?

I've just launched Basecamp 4.8.3 on my iMac running Catalina 10.15 and it appears to be working. :nenau

Re-download Basecamp from the App Store.

For some obscure motive (read: Garmin messing up software releases) the version downloadable from Garmin's site was 32bit, the one on the App Store 64bit.

My Mac automatically flagged up for a while that future operating system updates will not be able to support the older version of BaseCamp and that I should contact Garmin to see what to do or words to that effect. Go to the App Store to update.

Yeah – it was known to all developers and most users for a couple of years at least.
They didn't exactly plan this change last minute.

All sorted. Only issue now is that the new version for Europe won't fit on my Navigator without an SD card. Needs investigation.

Ah - it still has the North America map on it. Anyone know how maps are removed? On the device or via Basecamp?

Easiest is to leave America on the device and add Europe to an SD card.

Buy a decent SD card (16gb will be more than adequate) not some shonky copy from EBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom