R1150GS Rear wheel damage

I said in an earlier post. Buy the stainless bleed nipple holder. This replaces the black hex nut. Then fit a stainless bleed nipple in the stainless bleed nipple holder.

Now I understand which part you are talking about. On its way, thanks.

As Steptoe has said, remove the hexagonal adaptor and replace it with a new stainless adaptor + new stainless nipple - both from Motobins Items 800485 and 800495 - 10 minute job.
Removing the spoke end:eek: - I would recommend getting hold of a good quality pin punch. Spoke measures 3.40mm so an imperial size punch would be best as 1/8" punch would be 3.2mm.

Cheers....................Grizzly:beerjug:

Tried to get the bent spoke out this weekend, which is next to the broken one. The nipple and worm screw came off fine, but after that it wouldn't budge either. I could cut it about an inch above the rim to drive it out more effectively, but I don't want to damage this wheel if I can.

So now I'm waiting for a S/H wheel (+ tyre, as I can't leave my street-parked bike on its centrestand without a wheel for extended periods!).
Once I can ride the bike again, I will try to repair the problematic wheel in my own time.

Got that wheel from James Sherlock, plus a tyre. A local mechanic (top guy) fitted it and advised me that it was out of true, which tbf it was sold as. It'll do. At least it looks clean.

Got the old one off and the new one on this morning.

qEVq8uE.jpg

Here is the shiny new bleed valve holder that Steptoe was talking about:

IXAobrI.jpg

Now on with repairing the old one...

Looks very clean that new wheel!

Well done for getting straight onto it. Now you're mobile again

How 'out of true' is it? A few mm it's fine. I think there's quite a big tolerance actually. Someone will be along to correct me but I think it's about 3mm

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Looks very clean that new wheel!

Well done for getting straight onto it. Now you're mobile again

How 'out of true' is it? A few mm it's fine. I think there's quite a big tolerance actually. Someone will be along to correct me but I think it's about 3mm

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Didn’t have the measure but it was visible, a few mm.

Back
Top Bottom