Best screen for 800GSA

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
All

Loving the F800GSA but the standard screen is starting to annoy me as the buffeting is pretty bad. I don't mind it in teh summer but now it's colder, windier and wetter I would like a bit of protection.

I'm 6ft and so anyone got advice on a screen which would give me a nicer ride?

I bought the PUIG tall touring screen (same as the Touratech) which made a slight difference but just creates wind blast from a different angle now. I'm 5-10 so not far off you.

There was one for sale in the FS section along with a different type of touring screen. Do a search may still be available and may be in your area to do a try-before-you-buy sort of thing.

I got a screen from Aeroflow for my 2008 F800GS. Aerlflow are based in California, USA. I'm 6'3, so I got the Extra extra tall screen. It makes a huge difference when motorway driving. Much reduced wind noise and buffeting. I highly recommend this screen. The bike is 2008 reg and the screen fits perfectly.

Its all discussed here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/513839-This-buffeting-business-is-breaking-me!

The result for me on an 800GSA after spending hundreds of £s on virtually every available screen, was to sell the bike after only a couple of months and go back to a 1200, there really is no cure, the wind is coming from the side and below the screen, fold your arms or hold the handlebars in the middle by the clamps and you will suddenly find you are in still air, not practical but proves the point it comes from below and is deflected off you arms and on to your head. The height of the screen makes no difference, it will not stop the buffeting, my bike was brand new, loved it but just could not live with the buffeting and the wind noise was deafening.

Chris,I have done about 20 K miles with the adjustable Puig and it is very much a marked improvement over the standard GSA screen, although not exactly the prettiest.

Back
Top Bottom