Painful hands

blacknblack

Reaction score
I’m new around here. Back on a bike after a break. Been of the 750 for three months and really enjoying it.

This week I’ve started noticing some pain in both my hands and finger joints. Of course there could be many causes. Weather getting a bit colder. Forces from the wind (my bike doesn’t have hand guards). Some kind of carpel tunnel thing. Or just nothing to do with the bike.

Anyone with similar experience?

Hmm
Could be vibration from the vertical twin if you are used to four cylinder bikes.
Could be too much weight carried on your wrists, try altering your riding position, or not holding the grips too tightly.
Could be the angle your lower arm makes with your hand, causing painful wrists. Maybe bar risers might help you.

I put Grip Puppies on my F750GS. Vibrations reduced but not eliminated. Maybe it would be enough for you and it's a cheap solution to try.

Udder mint is a cream that is used on cows udders. Farmers that use it noticed that any pains in their hands were gone. It’s getting more popular now and is freely available in farm supply shops and hardware shops in rural areas. No percription needed. I use it myself. €26 for a squeeze bottle about the same size as a red sauce one JJH

First thing is to try and relax your hands, you might not even know your gripping too hard, but if you actively relax you will find the cramping/ pins and needles goes.

I found grip puppies a waste of money.

If the Udder Mint isn't working for the symptoms and it's joint pain use Apple Cider for a while. Worked grat for an index finger that would not bend properly anymore in my case after everything else failed.

If the Udder Mint isn't working for the symptoms and it's joint pain use Apple Cider for a while. Worked grat for an index finger that would not bend properly anymore in my case after everything else failed.
First we’re supposed to avoid ‘acidic’ things, now vinegar is the answer.

All very confusing.

It might not work for everybody but it cleared up my issue with finger joints which remained after a bad shellfish infection. For over a year that finger was sore and would not fully bend but about a month after starting taking apple cider tablets it was fine. They do make you wee a lot though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might not work for everybody but it cleared up my issue with finger joints which remained after a bad shellfish infection. For over a year that finger was sore and would not fully bend but about a month after starting taking apple cider tablets it was fine. They do make you wee a lot though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

Back
Top Bottom