Indian Adventure Bike

fatbaldbob

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Taken from another forum I am on, guy is planning on doing Alaska, along with a few other modifications and reinforcements, this is his ride. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

Attachments

• Adventure Indian.jpg
    Adventure Indian.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 423
I met a Swedish guy on the Chunnel about 10 years back with a similar set-up on a much modified Electraglide. It was all about his Iron Butt credentials, which grew pretty tedious TBH.............yawn.

To top off the rear rack he had an enormous custom aux fuel tank, which acted as a backrest in place of the tourpack - reckoned on 4-500 mile range, bladder management allowing (sorry Paula but your image just flashed back), for his marathon rides. Not my idea of fun, but it takes all sorts I guess. Was the fella interested in what/why/where the rest of us were going? ........... not remotely, he preferred the sound of his own voice; perhaps it was the loneliness of all those hours alone in the saddle.

Does adding panniers make it an adventure bike or the way you use it...hmmm, not sure about the looks...

No, you can have an adventure on any bike, the aim here was robustness and practicality I guess, looks will be secondary to that.

I met a Swedish guy on the Chunnel about 10 years back with a similar set-up on a much modified Electraglide. It was all about his Iron Butt credentials, which grew pretty tedious TBH.............yawn.

To top off the rear rack he had an enormous custom aux fuel tank, which acted as a backrest in place of the tourpack - reckoned on 4-500 mile range, bladder management allowing (sorry Paula but your image just flashed back), for his marathon rides. Not my idea of fun, but it takes all sorts I guess. Was the fella interested in what/why/where the rest of us were going? ........... not remotely, he preferred the sound of his own voice; perhaps it was the loneliness of all those hours alone in the saddle.

Nowt wrong with a 500ml tank range;:D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191027-083403.jpg
    Screenshot_20191027-083403.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 234

Back
Top Bottom