F*****g hate dealers

donkeydoo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well the Road King is in a few bits, mainly the front end changing the brake hoses, knew I was always going to do this, but what I did not expect was to find a rounded off brake nipple on one side and both weeping. The dealer which I shall not name swore blind that they had been bled, but I know what fresh fluid looks like, and even if they had who in there right mind would try and fob someone off with that.

I had specifically asked them to bleed the brakes before I picked the bike up but they had not, in all fairness to them they did offer to come and collect it and sort the problem but all trust was lost..

I know there are a large amount of trustworthy mechanics out there but also some complete tossers...

Attachments

• thumbnail left.jpg
    thumbnail left.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 482
You dispute that they bled the brakes, but there is fresh fluid at them?

Sounds like they might just have bled the brakes?

(Or am I reading your post - incorrectly?)

No The fluid was not fresh I think they may have undone and rounded one nipple then done it up and thought I aint touching that, I know what fresh fluid in the master cylinder should look like. the fluid around the nipples is what appeared after a few days of weeping through the threads.

I shall name them but not yet as I have not finished my discussions with them yet, all I want really is some honesty and an apology and to not be treated like an idiot and told it was my word against 3 of theres....

And then after all the arguing to be told well it is an old bike....

Sorry a pointless post,
1. you are not sufficently confident of your own observations that you are willing to name them in case it turns out that you made incorrect assumptions
2. If a businessis is prepared to deceive and lie to you and then you go back to them for the work to be corrected - you are an idiot.
3. oh I cant be bothered..

Sorry a pointless post,
1. you are not sufficently confident of your own observations that you are willing to name them in case it turns out that you made incorrect assumptions
2. If a businessis is prepared to deceive and lie to you and then you go back to them for the work to be corrected - you are an idiot.
3. oh I cant be bothered..

A little harsh but fair point...I am just still fuming and wanted to vent a little.:barf

The usual stealer trick, when this happens, is to replace the master cylinder fluid with fresh, using a turkey baster, so all looks well at a glance.

Simple enough to fix though DD, if you are doing the brake lines/hoses.

Back
Top Bottom