USB wall chargers

Colin

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good quality USB wall charger. I have a Sena smh5 intercom, preferably a single charger with 2 USB outlets. I see Sena do a charger but I can't see how many USB outlets are on it. I don't really want to carry 2 chargers.
cheers for any help.

sena charging.

But is it ok to use the higher output fast chargers on the Sena intercom without causing damage. over charging. getting hot etc. it does say on Sena instructions to use 1.0 output, the fast chargers are putting out about 3.0.

But is it ok to use the higher output fast chargers on the Sena intercom without causing damage. over charging. getting hot etc. it does say on Sena instructions to use 1.0 output, the fast chargers are putting out about 3.0.

It'll be fine, the units will only take the charging current they need. What they dont take is available to charge your phone or whatever.

The chargers in the link I posted also have the benefit of having a moveable Earth pin to reduce the 'sticky out nature' of a normal 13A plug for travel use

Anything from Anker.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Char...words=anker+usb+charger&qid=1571336881&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Char...words=anker+usb+charger&qid=1571336881&sr=8-7

The IQ ports will deliver higher power to charge quickly devices like iPhones and Samsung phones. Will work as usual with any other device.

I have a couple of these at work and a couple of the "charging bricks" at home + assorted cables, and they are very good quality, low price. You cant' go wrong.

Me too. Another fan of Anker stuff here
The charging bricks are fab, especially when you are travelling. It’ll charge your camera, phone headset comms etc etc all at the same time and you’ll only need just one three pin plug.

They CAN put out that, but that is not to say that they DO.

Forget a dedicated charger- get an Anker multi-outlet one (5 outlet) -that can charge an IPad Pro, in use - if necessary,

Little suggestion.
I don't use intercoms, so I have no idea how much a Sena lasts on a full battery (I hope a full day), but if you are buying chargers and stuff...

When traveling I generally have my iPhone hooked up to the Garmin via BT for data. It drains the battery pretty quickly and it doesn't help my iPhone 7 battery is on its way out.
Plus I often use a GoPro and have a few spare batteries and a small charger.

I have a 26000 miliampere/hr battery that I keep in my backpack.
The phone is constantly hooked up to it, so when I walk away from the bike, it always has a full battery or it lasts full day connected via BT to the sat nav.
Same: I keep rotating and re-charging the GoPro batteries during the day + camera if it needs + some mate random phone when you stop for lunch.

Like this the battery lasts a few days before you want to recharge it overnight in the hotel.
It's quite handy and it doesn't cost much: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charmast-26800mAh-Slimline-Portable-compatible/dp/B07SB54Z3D/
It's flat, disappears quickly in one of the backpack's pockets.

The best I have found for travelling is the 3-pin (it has the earth pin) SKROSS - Pro Series adapters

https://www.skross.com/en/products/world-travel-adapters

Why?

1. I travel a reasonable amount, it has never let me down

3. As it’s a plug adapter, as well as a multi-USB socket device, it serves two purposes

2. It is well made

3. Its USB three sockets are more than adequate for most purposes

4. The device separates into two parts. That means that if I am only going on a quick trip into Europe and am likely to only need one USB connection, I can take just the single USB part

5. The pins retract into the body, which means I do not have ridiculous British pins sticking out all the time

6. The earth pin means that it’s suitable for running higher current draw devices, for example my girlfriend’s hairdryer with its bloody British 3-pin plug

I have married this to:

A. Several of the strong Anker USB leads, including two of their 3 meter leads. Why so long? Easy.... it is Sod’s Law that the plug socket will be nowhere near where you need it

B. A simple small continental 2-pin but 3-way socket splitter, that I bought in France years ago. Why? Easy.... again, it’s Sod’s Law that the only convenient single socket will be the one for the bedside light and you can’t otherwise have both the light and the travel adapter plugged in at the same time

C. A charging brick, such as recommended by er-minio above. The new ones are USB C compatible and / or offer ‘fast charge’

D. One Anker car cigarette lighter dual-USB adapter

With that small collection I have safely charged, laptops, phones, cameras, Bluetooth headsets, Apple watches, portable speakers and all manner of other USB compatible devices, at home, in hotel rooms, in a taxi, in airports, in cafes and restaurants, on the move on my motorcycle and.... and..... and....

PS I believe that international jet jockey Arsey’s employer gives their pilots the SKROSS adapters free. He recommends them, too.

Little suggestion.
I don't use intercoms, so I have no idea how much a Sena lasts on a full battery (I hope a full day), but if you are buying chargers and stuff...

When traveling I generally have my iPhone hooked up to the Garmin via BT for data. It drains the battery pretty quickly and it doesn't help my iPhone 7 battery is on its way out.
Plus I often use a GoPro and have a few spare batteries and a small charger.

I have a 26000 miliampere/hr battery that I keep in my backpack.
The phone is constantly hooked up to it, so when I walk away from the bike, it always has a full battery or it lasts full day connected via BT to the sat nav.
Same: I keep rotating and re-charging the GoPro batteries during the day + camera if it needs + some mate random phone when you stop for lunch.

Like this the battery lasts a few days before you want to recharge it overnight in the hotel.
It's quite handy and it doesn't cost much: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charmast-26800mAh-Slimline-Portable-compatible/dp/B07SB54Z3D/
It's flat, disappears quickly in one of the backpack's pockets.
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I will go for the Anker with 2 outputs. seems quite compact for carrying on the bike.
I did buy a power bank travel charger 3000 mAh it would charge our phones but not my sena intercom.

Some of the bricks need to see a greater draw than the Sena requests hence not activating the brick output.

Had the same but as my brick had two usb outputs I plugged the iphone in and it triggered the outputs on the brick and charged the Sena at the same time as the iphone

A bit late to the party but I use the two port USB version of this every day to charge my iPhone and my iPad when I’m at client sites. The folding UK plug is very neat.

https://www.themu.co.uk/

When I travel to the continent I swap the UK plug over to the EU one and stick it in my top box.

Back
Top Bottom