Balkan trip in 5 parts which ends in disaster

Doctors rekon at least 2 years before i am back to fitness

When I saw and read it I went completely still and my own accident flashed back.
You are lucky to be alive especially after hitting the armco and then your bike hitting you again! Success with your recovery both physically and mentally in the oncoming time.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Hi marky. Regards insurance. I went with carol nash as after a long chat on the phone explaining where i would be covered they said. No problem. Your covered for repatriation. After the accident i found out they use a third party recovery who said they would pay for storage for 10 days while i fix the bike but wouldn't bring it back to the uk.
That's no good when your in intensive care.
In the end it cost me £1200 to get the bike home. When trying to explain the situation they fobbed me off saying i need to deal with there third party who by the way speak very little English. Regards my health insurance who were fantastic and took control of the whole situation...£76 for their annual world wide( excluding the USA) Endsleigh under written by AXA. ALWAYS GET ON THE PHONE AND HAVE A CHAT ABOUT WHERE YOUR GOING AND DOUBLE CHECK YOUR COVERED.
Back to carol nash. They are not the company they used to be and get a thumbs down from me.

Hi marky. Regards insurance. I went with carol nash as after a long chat on the phone explaining where i would be covered they said. No problem. Your covered for repatriation. After the accident i found out they use a third party recovery who said they would pay for storage for 10 days while i fix the bike but wouldn't bring it back to the uk.
That's no good when your in intensive care.
In the end it cost me £1200 to get the bike home. When trying to explain the situation they fobbed me off saying i need to deal with there third party who by the way speak very little English. Regards my health insurance who were fantastic and took control of the whole situation...£76 for their annual world wide( excluding the USA) Endsleigh under written by AXA. ALWAYS GET ON THE PHONE AND HAVE A CHAT ABOUT WHERE YOUR GOING AND DOUBLE CHECK YOUR COVERED.
Back to carol nash. They are not the company they used to be and get a thumbs down from me.

All of the insurers use 3rd parties for breakdown and recovery, even in the UK.
Were you claiming repatriation of yiur bike under your bike insurance policy, your breakdown policy or personal accident policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Berin.
It was a claim off caral nash breakdown who use 4th dimension. They said the cost to bring it home would be to much however they would pay for storage for 10 days....Great when your in the major trauma unit for 3 weeks.
All sorted now.

Shows how quickly things can go wrong. Hope the 2 year recovery is worst case scenario and you are back fighting fit quicker. You only know how good Insurance company is when you claim, clearly Endsleigh/AxA came up trumps. All the best for the future Fireman.

If it's any consolation (which I doubt) I received most of the injury's you've sustained a few years ago, and some (I feel your pain) I was back in the saddle after a year, a good few miles done since with Cabby, who incidentally has picked me up off the tarmac a few times!
There will be lows! and you'll piss off those who are dearest to you during your recovery, but there will be highs too, as long as you remember to apologise for the bad bits ;)

If I can give you one piece of advice? no one can envisage the pain you are in and will continue to go through for a long time...... but try not to whinge to much! and you'll know who your true friends are

Good luck to you and speedy recovery :okay

Hi Berin.
It was a claim off caral nash breakdown who use 4th dimension. They said the cost to bring it home would be to much however they would pay for storage for 10 days....Great when your in the major trauma unit for 3 weeks.
All sorted now.

Glad it was sorted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your words clarky. Yes the bad days are bad but i keep positive.
I get pissed off with myself regards moaning and yes i have found who my real mates are and can not thank them enough.

Hey mate so sorry to read about your misfortune. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Jeez.....are you sure it was the bike that hit you and not a truck .......never good to see a biker down.... hope ya back on ya feet fit n well ASAP.....

Fecking hell... Wasn't expecting that at the end.. seeing you chatting on video initially all looked ok until I noticed the angle of the leg! Glad you are still in one piece. Looks like it was a nasty off.

Exactly my thoughts, I had an accident at 16 where I was laid on the opposite footpath & feeling down couldn't find my left leg, because it was off at a right angle, no way could I have started talking to a camera, if we had had them 40 years ago. Get well soon matey & take it slowly, push yourself but not too quickly, your body will let you know if you're pushing too hard.

'Kin 'ell :eek:

Just about to post a report on my recent return to 'Yugoslavia' and saw this. I skipped straight to 5 but will catch up on rest now too ;)...there but for the grace of God...

In '88 a similar fate ended my trip after Yugoslavia...but in France :confused: (Did't take direct route!). I was extremely lucky as I walked away, sorry to see you're going to be taking a while to get back to it - best wishes for a speedy recovery :thumb

Useful stuff on insurance too, noted thanks :thumb2

Doctors rekon at least 2 years before i am back to fitness

Never give up.

I had a rather serious bike accident in 2005..

Long long road to recovery, even 14 years later lots of bits don't work. :tears

I waz told you'll never ride a bike again or do so many other everyday things...

Well today I ride a F700GS, drive a car or my campervan..
Rebuild bikes in my garage, try to tour at least once a year.

I managed to ride back to the Guzzi factory in 2017, toured France, Belgium, Holland, Germany Czech Republic, Poland, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Monaco, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg.

It's far from easy, but help keep me sane...

I wish you well on your road to recovery..... :thumb

Wow mate you really caught it with that lot of injury. The pace looked so sedate but then you see the dent in the Armco so some force involved. One not to show the wife I think.
So you just lost the front end in the wet ?
Hope you recover as soon as possible. What a man to keep filming.

Regards Steve

Back
Top Bottom