Picos de Europa Revisited

Some cracking photos JB, and reminds me of some of the places I visited when I went there :okay

The very thought of 16 bikes would turn me to stone though :eek: not for me ;)

Great photo's JB ... as usual :thumb2

Must've missed ya, we were on that same boat as Rick

:beerjug:

Some cracking photos JB

The very thought of 16 bikes would turn me to stone though :eek: not for me ;)

I think there were 12/13 bikes as some were 2up - however the 'drop off' was used so there could be 5-6 miles between first & last rider

However there 2-3 afternoons when I peeled off alone to do my own thing

Superb write up and beautiful pics.

Incidentally, that veggie option egg 'n chips may be basic but by Christ does it look good!!! :D

Sunday was our last full day and again it was a group ride towards Puntanansa and onto Cabo Mayor - a pedestrianised typical old Asturian village which was very quaint
It was very windy first thing with a lot of tree debris in the bends - charmin'

On the way to Puntanansa

a4a5acb9030a65df61f586ffddd95b06.jpg

Meanwhile, a few days earlier .... my photograph :D

i-mQrkFFX-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Great report and pics JB as always, some familiar scenery among your pics it's been a while since I've been to the Picos hopefully I can pay a return visit next year :thumby:

I think there were 12/13 bikes as some were 2up - however the 'drop off' was used so there could be 5-6 miles between first & last rider

However there 2-3 afternoons when I peeled off alone to do my own thing
My days of riding in groups are gone, cock wavers with too much ambition and not enough ability being a recipe for carnage, been there done that, glad it worked out for you ok though.

Superb write up and beautiful pics.

Incidentally, that veggie option egg 'n chips may be basic but by Christ does it look good!!! :D

Thanks Max

We were a bit envious if the egg & chips when we saw it too, it had been a long day

Great report and pics JB as always, some familiar scenery among your pics it's been a while since I've been to the Picos hopefully I can pay a return visit next year :thumby:

Hope we can get there as a group too in 2020 - it has it all there and some new roads found - will be good to explore further west too

The Granada trip a few years ago was excellent

My days of riding in groups are gone, cock wavers with too much ambition and not enough ability being a recipe for carnage, been there done that, glad it worked out for you ok though.

Interesting comment

There was a bit of that going on, it soon settled down into a good rhythm though and funny how it soon sorts out.... in a bunch of unknowns

All is good - group or solo .....whatever floats your boat

A few were worried about me going off alone in the afternoons to explore though, hoping that I would be ok and I said I had done a few miles abroad before

I had a full tank of juice, a map and half a bag of Haribo's ...... what could go wrong

Agree natural order does find its place in big groups, it's the getting to that point bothers me. I've had too many people spoil my day by throwing themselves at the countryside in a hapless attempt to keep up.

Interesting comment

There was a bit of that going on, it soon settled down into a good rhythm though and funny how it soon sorts out.... in a bunch of unknowns

All is good - group or solo .....whatever floats your boat

A few were worried about me going off alone in the afternoons to explore though, hoping that I would be ok and I said I had done a few miles abroad before

I had a full tank of juice, a map and half a bag of Haribo's ...... what could go wrong
Damn good point. The group vs solo thing has so many pros cons each way. After years of doing both (not at the same time:blast) the good lady and I have settled on the solo approach, but that's mainly because we enjoy the flexibility of our own schedule - and also enjoy each other's company. Well, I enjoy hers anyway :D

Basically we're antisocial cnuts. For the sociable types, I can't imagine much better than enjoying the type of trip that's been documented so beautifully in this thread.

Hope we can get there as a group too in 2020 - it has it all there and some new roads found - will be good to explore further west too

The Granada trip a few years ago was excellent

Some interesting places to research for Sept/Oct next year - I spent a couple of days "further west" in Asturias last year and will be returning next year as it has a lot to offer

Damn good point. The group vs solo thing has so many pros cons each way. After years of doing both (not at the same time:blast) the good lady and I have settled on the solo approach, but that's mainly because we enjoy the flexibility of our own schedule - and also enjoy each other's company. Well, I enjoy hers anyway :D

Basically we're antisocial cnuts. For the sociable types, I can't imagine much better than enjoying the type of trip that's been documented so beautifully in this thread.
I'm just a selfish fucker and want to go when I want, stop when I want, go as fast as I want, go as slow as I want. Can't be arsed being sociable now when out on my bike.

I'm just a selfish fucker and want to go when I want, stop when I want, go as fast as I want, go as slow as I want. Can't be arsed being sociable now when out on my bike.

You need a good friend or two that ride the same as you, and that like the same things. I’m quite lucky in that regard. :D

You need a good friend or two that ride the same as you, and that like the same things. I’m quite lucky in that regard. :D

Amen to that :bow

Our group is small sometimes we stay together other times not, we all know where we are going and have a bit of banter and compare notes at the next hotel.

Back
Top Bottom