Insurance Costs

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know this is subjective but how do Harleys Stack up on Insurance? Looking to move from a 1200gsa to a Stage 1 tuned Fat Bob. I’m finally old enough!

For me the difference between a Harley and a GS was negligible - no mark up for declared Stage One.

Historically Carol Nash, more recently Bennet’s and Hastings.

Yeah - you shouldn't see any increase for Stage 1 as long as you use an insurer that knows what it is. Carole Nash are pretty good, and actually HD's own insurance is very good as long as you can talk them into a decent price. If you have good no claims, you should be fine. They give you helmet & leathers coverage, European touring coverage and agreed value all as standard. Plus you can ride anyone else's Harley and have fully comp coverage.

It's pretty much all based on the value of the bike anyway, and newer Harleys and GS's are fairly similarly priced.

I’m with Ebike and have two bikes on my policy, s1000xr and a GSA. This is going to be an interesting phone call on Monday !

I’m with Ebike and have two bikes on my policy, s1000xr and a GSA. This is going to be an interesting phone call on Monday !

I found the bigger issue to be some companies don’t like it once the value goes over £20k.... I had to split my policy when I had my Rallye.. as the three bikes went over this figure.

got me gs and harley with carole nash both 17 plus years old on classic insurance with agreed values for under 200 notes

got me gs and harley with carole nash both 17 plus years old on classic insurance with agreed values for under 200 notes

CN is good value for classics and credited me with NCB after changing back to a modern bike from a classic last year.

Ok, all done £25 extra plus admin fee !
New Fatbob on its way, chaps, waist coat and false pony tail on order !

Dragging this one up from the depths, but how do folk get on with insurance and stage 1 tunes?

I think all of the places I've looked at have been happy to cover bikes with loads of modifications, they specifically excluded cover where a bike has an exhaust system that isn't road legal. Intake and mapping changes seem to be fine, but not so much exhausts.

I'd be quite happy for my V&H ThunderBringerBeastMuffler or whatever it's called to be excluded from any claim, but I'd not want the insurance to be invalid because it's fitted.

Most exhaust sold through the big names are compliant... check with your manufacturer ( of exhaust that is)

Most exhaust sold through the big names are compliant... check with your manufacturer ( of exhaust that is)

The RKS that I've bought (remotely because of COVID - but click and collect) has Vance and Hines 450 Oversized Destroyer slip-ons and Power Duals headers, both of which are declared as "closed course competition use only, not for road use".

I'll put the stock exhaust back on if necessary

BikeSure.

I mentioned the words “rally raid” to CN and Bennett’s and both started running around waving their cocks in the air.

I mentioned “rally raid” to bike site and the bloke said, “ ooh nice bike”

Their service is excellent.

Thankfully I can’t grade their claims handling but I get impression they would be very fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bennetts came back with £390 to cover the Harley plus a further £440 to cover the R1200R, Triumph Street Scrambler and R80RT on a multibike.

I'll try BikeSure then :)

BikeSure.

I mentioned the words “rally raid” to CN and Bennett’s and both started running around waving their cocks in the air.

I mentioned “rally raid” to bike site and the bloke said, “ ooh nice bike”

Their service is excellent.

Thankfully I can’t grade their claims handling but I get impression they would be very fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Bikesure are linked with Adrian Flux for some bike stuff.......

Try Carole Nash (Harley) insurance. They understand the Harley scene :)D) especially any essential performance and style upgrades.

I have my EVO Fat Boy insured with them (agreed value as it’s a rare one) as the primary bike and have a newish Multistrada and Yam T7 also on the (multi bike) policy. The premium was very competitive once I negotiated a bit with them. Less than £450 to cover all three bikes with full European breakdown and legal cover. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom