Norway - The itch has been scratched

Yer tent

Any chance you can post some more photos of your Tipi style tent? What's it like in strong winds? Is it easy to pitch? Plenty room inside it?

Any chance you can post some more photos of your Tipi style tent? What's it like in strong winds? Is it easy to pitch? Plenty room inside it?

The tent is stable in strong winds, I've changed the tent pegs for 6 inch nails with penny washers so can be hammered into any type of ground, I've even pitched it in a carpark in Germany and hammered the nails into the tarmac .

It can be pitched in less than 5 minutes and there's a sleeping pod for 2 people but you could fit another person into the tent.

It doesn't come with a ground sheet, I usually peg out a tarp then put the tent on top.

I've been using this tent regularly for 5 years and that was the first time it ever leaked but on reflection in think because of the strong wind and torrential rain the water possibly blew up below the chimney cap and into the tent.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y-rIltYJqlg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I got the tent from here https://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelters-3/WG101.html

Nice ride report , and some stunning pictures there .
Norway has got to be right up there as one of the very best riding destinations .
3 M/C trips there so far and I NEED to go back :thumb2

Really interesting write up and fab pics. Your trip and photos clearly shows why a visitor hasn’t ‘done’ Norway if they have visited the place on a cruise ship.

Looks like you were lucky with the weather :p, it often rains days and days at a time.

Great write up there Phil. Thoroughly enjoyed reading and viewing the pics of your adventure. It’s on the to do list for me. :aidan:okay

Thoroughly enjoyed this ride report and accompanying pics. Thanks for posting.
It’s defiantly a place that is on my “must do” list.

Nice report & pics there :thumb

Norway is on the list, but my trip would need to be done in 9 days, so fast from the chunnel to Denmark, ferry over & explore the SW area, then fast back.

From where you are you’d make the ride up to catch ferries from the north of Denmark a lot easier if you went from Harwich to the Hook then set off from there in the morning. I’ve done it twice and it’s a long way but easily achievable in a day then you just hop on a ferry to either Kristiansand or Larvik in the morning.

Ok, you’ve got to ride to Harwich but that’s just an after work ride with check in open until 10pm so you can realistically leave after 19:30 and take it easy before filling up at Morrison’s by the ferry terminal then get through the NL without paying their obscene prices for unleaded.

Back
Top Bottom