1250GS Rallye vs S1000XR

XR - probably the best bike i have ever owned. Only one came close as an allrounder was my 2009 GSA.... had a 2016 GS but was totally underwhelmed and swapped to the XR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XR - probably the best bike i have ever owned. Only one came close as an allrounder was my 2009 GSA....

Yup, agree with all that except my GSA was 2010.:thumb2

The XR is probably the best bike I've ever ridden. I've been riding GS/A from 2001 up to last year when I chopped in my GSA and K1600GTLe for a new HP XR. Vibes are there but not intrusive but I'd ordered bar ends so I've fitted 'em anyway. The Mrs, having been mollycoddled on GSA Sargent Seats and the K1600 armchair looked at it with horror :eek: until she sat on it and pronounced it great (much to my surprise).

So, for 2 up touring it's actually better than my GSA as there's no way I could ride two-up for 300 miles without refuelling as I'd get a strange noise coming from the back of the bike which sounded like "I need a piss!" ;) Luggage capacity is less but I used to overload my GSA and now I just take two pairs of shoes instead of the entire wardrobe. :augie

Performance-wise the XR is far better (obviously) but up to a ton, I reckon the GS wouldn't get left far behind and that's the real world after all. The grin factor however makes the XR top dog.:green gri

They are both fantastic bikes and in an ideal world I'd have both. If you have to choose, take a break from the GS and find another bike life.:rob The only thing I miss is telelever suspension, a maintenance-free drivetrain and tyre pressure read-out.

All bikes vibrate only the nature changes. Need another ton plus of extraneous shit to damp it down to car levels.

Some people are susceptible to the low frequency stuff but more get annoyed with the high frequency stuff.

Me? Never really looked back since moving back to twins of all persuasions, V, Boxer and Parallel.

They rumble and vibrate but don't bother me at least till you're trying to do daft things with 'em at which point you realise you'd be better off with an I4;)

They are what they are and I love I4s but they do vibrate annoyingly in what I would call the 'semi-legal travel' rev range.

Below and above they're fine but I don't get those that deny the vibration exists? Is it because you are insensitive to the vibes because I don't believe you can ride around it without being bored to tears or close to jail without 'em on any long journey:nenau

I’m lucky enough to have two bikes so was running a 1200 GSA LC and an S1000xr. For touring the gsa had the fuel consumption and fidget room but for shits n giggles the S1000 every time. Did 2 tours in gsa and each time when I got to the twisties I wished I had taken the XR. Now sold the GSA and taking my 2nd bike as a cruiser from the dark side. A dodgy knee will benefit from the riding position hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom