AA Battery Charger & Maintainer

I see it is advertised for lead acid and gel batteries. Many modern bikes can be fitted with lithium ion type. Just remember these chargers are no good for this type of battery.

Tom

Has anyone tried one of these?
I'm a bit of an electrical numpty and was wondering if it was worth taking a
punt on one of these. They're less than have the price of an Optimate but
do they complete the same job? If not I'll be getting an Optimate.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-Battery...43&hvtargid=pla-385992752766&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Any advice appreciated.

I have one, I bought it when my Optimate died a sudden death, used it on the van, car bike, it has a low charge rate, and has worked on any battery I have tried it on, great price for a nice charger, I did eventually buy another Optimate as I had loads of extension leads and bits and bobs, but only use it as a backup, incase of well you never know. :D

Thanks for the replies.:thumb2
Because my batteries are all gel ones and as a result of what you've said, I can safely order the AA Charger/Maintainer.

I see it is advertised for lead acid and gel batteries. Many modern bikes can be fitted with lithium ion type. Just remember these chargers are no good for this type of battery.

Tom
Why not?
You don’t have to change the charging circuit on the bike when you fit a Li-ion battery....
Li-ion batteries have a built in circuit to let them charge in the same way as lead acid.
So long as you avoid fancy reconditioning chargers....you can use a standard charger on Li-ion batteries.

Back
Top Bottom