Schuberth C3 Pro vs Schuberth E1

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My C3 pro has been a pain in the arse since January. In wet and cooler conditions it either leaked or misted up. Its' been to dealers, been to TranAm, been to Schuberth and had all sorts replaced, changed, repaired etc. J and S have now agreed a full refund as it now doesn't leak or mist up, it just lets moisture condense on the inside of the visor. Leaving me to believe as I always did, that its a ventilation (or lack of) issue.

So new helmet time. When I was first looking, I liked the Shark Evo one 2 due to the ability to flip the top over completely, but the helmet felt clunky putting it back to a full face. Oh how I may regret not taking that helmet.

Anyhow, since I have the SC10U com unit, it'd be nice to just transfer this to another Schuberth. I also like the wide visor, the feel and the warranty. The C3 is a step sideways, the C4 has an over the forehead microphone and gets awkward reviews...The E1 is missing reviews...

I notice that the E1 is very similar to the C3 pro (bar peak and chin vent) but can anyone confirm whether the large chin vent actually allows more air in and helps with circulation inside the helmet, across visor (so to speak) as opposed to just being a channel for air to cool the lower chin..if that makes sense? I am not bothered about the peak, in fact I'll probably remove it straight away so don't feedback on the vibes etc of said peak...
Your thoughts on ventilation and anything else you can think of? PS I can't afford a neotec 2...

I've two E1's.

One was on offer, so I bought a spare. One is kitted with comms, one not. One has peak fitted, one not.

I've travelled in all extremes and apart from a little water ingress, ventilation has been spot on and I have never steamed up. The water comes in the top vent if you forget to close it. I ride with all vents open. If it's cold, but dry, you can leave the top vent open and close over the internal flaps and that's enough to keep the chill off your head.

The designs seem to run the prices. Unpopular colour schemes go on offer pretty quickly, so unless, like me, you're a tart, buy an ugly one :D

The only negative is the comms. When the 10U is fitted, the buttons, which attach to the left side of the opening mean the lining poppers don't hold and it annoys me.

My C3 Pro was price matched to £339 from £499. I like it, it feels plush and posh. But it just wasn't working. The only air to cross the visor comes from a vertical chin vent, which gets its air from air pushed down the visor, then into the chin vent, then up across the visor...In principal, it'll work at speed. But not in traffic. It was first disputed by the monkey at TransAm, who said Schuberth didn't make helmets for tourers, especially flip ups...yeah right. How many sportsbikes have you seen riding in Schuberth with modular helmets.......joker. Anyhow, he also said that behind a touring screen it'll never work...I ride an 1150R. I am so hoping that the improved/increased chin vent provides a solution

I've travelled in all extremes and apart from a little water ingress, ventilation has been spot on and I have never steamed up. The water comes in the top vent if you forget to close it. I ride with all vents open. If it's cold, but dry, you can leave the top vent open and close over the internal flaps and that's enough to keep the chill off your head.

The only negative is the comms. When the 10U is fitted, the buttons, which attach to the left side of the openig mean the lining poppers don't hold and it annoys me.

Totally agree :thumb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom