V2 Panigale

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
This is the Euro 5 successor to the 959 Panigale :

Ducati_Panigale_V2_01.jpg

Looks nice, 155 bhp 176kg (dry), great electronics (but no cruise :( ).

£14,995.

RBW.

Sat on one of these at Excel today, simply beautiful, and the write ups are good too.

How was Excel ? Worth going ? I went to the NEC in November and saw the V2 there, but was interested in Excel as its the first UK showing of the Tiger 900.

The V2 is a bit more on it's nose, so brilliant handling but will feel a little more on your wrists, I will have a go on one once the weather warms up.

If I don't get on with my first Adventure bike (Tiger), I may well be tempted later in the year. Also hopefully by then either Ventura or SW Motech will do some luggage.

RBW.

Edited - and re: the post above about heated grips, it hasn't got them. The dash is just a generic unit they use on lots of models so it has a light for them.

Edited - and re: the post above about heated grips, it hasn't got them. The dash is just a generic unit they use on lots of models so it has a light for them.

That’s the penalty of progress for you . At least if it was an old analogue style dash instead of TFT the light telling you that the heated grips you didn’t have were on would be a regular bulb so you could warmyour hands on that :D

It was busy and full of tosser types (not a bad thing, just a noticeable demographic) it was quite hard to get near the bikes at times. Did a couple of laps, took 3 hours.

V2 was bike of the show for me followed by all black Kawasaki H2 naked, very terminator, then the new shape S1000xr not so radiatory if you know what I mean. I just sent an enquiry to Ducati Alton about the 959 corse they have there, seemed a conservative approach (who am I kidding!).

Finally got around to trying the V2 today, felt like a slightly more refined 899 in a good way. Suspension felt really nice and compliant, precise as a scalpel and sounded OK despite being Euro 5. The way it rolled into corners was just perfect.

49635231611_6e71625eb0_z.jpg

Short sound clip below.

I still think the 899 had a little more initial grunt off the line, but the V2 felt more powerful once the revs were higher. Mirrors crap and not foldable, and no luggage options yet (Ventura and SW Motech being the most likely).

This gives me a bit of a dilemma...

RBW.

I seriously think that it is a better bike than the V4 as it wont be quite as fucking loony therefore mortal man will be able to actually get the best out of it

The same will go for when they do a V2 street fighter it will be just a better real world bike

I seriously think that it is a better bike than the V4 as it wont be quite as fucking loony therefore mortal man will be able to actually get the best out of it

The same will go for when they do a V2 street fighter it will be just a better real world bike

You're right, it was the same with the 899/1199, the 899 was always the better road bike. I've tried the V4 and it did nothing for me (apart from make me laugh when I got an insurance quote).

I tried the 1299 and my 959 back to back at Silverstone and much preferred the 959 and my 899. The V2 today was just lovely.

RBW.

Back
Top Bottom