It’s only a slight oil leak

I am JB, I am.
Part of the plan was to keep it if I liked it enough and sell my LC while it's still worth something. Its a great bike, obviously been looked after. It runs just fine and is a lot more nimble than my 2005 R1200RT ever was, surprisingly so for a big lump. The seat is comfier than the so-called 'comfort seat' on my LC. Only problem I've had is it makes my hips ache, presumably due to the wide tank.
Aches aside, I would be happy to keep it but never mind.

Get a standard 1150GS, with the 22-litre tank instead of the 30-litre one?

This seems to quite common. Does anyone have a view on how common it actually is? Is the quality of the replacement bearing better?

Some do consume bearings some don't. Mine hasn't yet at 68,000 miles. I did have to replace paralever bearings at 22k but I reckon they had been incorrectly torqued at the factory. Regular changes of a good quality gl5 ep90 oil probably has helped.......every 6k for me. Only costs 230ml of oil and a washer.

Some do consume bearings some don't. Mine hasn't yet at 68,000 miles. I did have to replace paralever bearings at 22k but I reckon they had been incorrectly torqued at the factory. Regular changes of a good quality gl5 ep90 oil probably has helped.......every 6k for me. Only costs 230ml of oil and a washer.

Mine is still going strong with 130,000 on it now, with next owner. No problem with it up to 127,000 miles. The one I bought off Phil Reynolds is the same, now on 55,000 and no rumbling other than from the tyres. I don't think I shall have such chunky ones next time!

Back
Top Bottom