Africa Twin Black with Gold Wheels

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Rather than subject my BMW R1200GSA Triple Black to the Winter Salt, I decided to retire my Bandit 1250 as the winter bike, and deploy the weaponised Africa Twin.

BUT, I really don't fancy riding around on cold roads, with knobbly tyres. AND I really don't fancy swapping tyres over on a whim (with fitment, tubes, balancing, etc).

So I bought a new wheelset, so it's now relatively easy to just swap wheels around for Road Riding or Off-Road riding. Takes about an hour to do.

Thought Gold might be a nice change :beerjug: What do you think?

Attachments

• Gold1.jpg
    Gold1.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 1,802
  • Gold2.jpg
    Gold2.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 1,563
  • Gold3.jpg
    Gold3.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 978
So now I can successfully continue to completely wreck this poor machine in the Salt and Crap.

While GSA is safe at home in the warm and dry :hippy

looks very nice, too good to be a winter hack

looks very nice, too good to be a winter hack

Perfect as a winter hack.

DCT for super smooth gear changes
Traction Control & ABS
Heated Grips
Luggage for 'stuff'
Easy to clean

:thumb2

yeah agree look really nice with the gold wheels. reminds me of the early 650 dominators black with gold wheels.

I've got two sets also, very handy too have :okay

Gold is good. ATAS wheels are gold and the SM wheels on my Husky TE630 were tastefully built in gold for Andres when he had it as well. My Mrs thinks gold wheels are a bit chavvy, I love them.

I'd get shot of them Dunlops

Yeah, that's what I keep hearing. But I heard exactly the same with the Anakee 3 tyres on my BMW, and I get on with them really great.

So I tried those Dunlop Trailmax D610F in the pouring rain yesterday..... maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm just a slow rider, but they didn't cause me any problems. So they'll stay for the time being.

See how I get on with them over winter.

Here's an 8 minute clip

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W7TuoPacnyI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Winter Hack? , Blimey I'd be happy with that as my main bike:bow Cheers:beerjug:John B
p.s. like the gold wheels too:okay

If you're just using them for the road wouldn't you have been better off getting wheels built with 17" rims so you could fit serious road tyres and get proper benefit?

If you're just using them for the road wouldn't you have been better off getting wheels built with 17" rims so you could fit serious road tyres and get proper benefit?

No because I've got a fully specced BMW R1200GSA on Ohlins for that.

These gold wheels were just a swap over during Winter as I don't mind this bike rusting to bits.

Keeps my BMW R1200 clean and away from Salt.

Back
Top Bottom