Why would I keep or change my 1150GS?

The only thing I could add to this thread is that the bike you have is still the one bike I've owned that I regret parting with.

The only thing I could add to this thread is that the bike you have is still the one bike I've owned that I regret parting with.

V85TT, will do everything your 1150 will do and more, and much nicer to ride to.

That says a lot! Probably why I can't find it in me to part with it.
I started this thread to try to find excuses to move on, but instead finding reasons to keep it. Thanks for being so honest Keith.
Sandy

If you do keep it you could treat yourself to a GS John chip and a suspension service or upgrade, just to pep it up a bit and make it feel a bit special again.

I'm currently having new (second hand) camshafts fitted to mine. :blast Don't ask. :comfort

If your not happy with 50 mpg prepare to be disappointed with the newer stuff. Unless you go for a F850gs. I’m getting 60/61 mpg on mine. I’m on the keep it bandwagon. JJH

constant 59mpg on my R12GS LC, about 10mpg more than my R1150 RS. Would be lower if I did lots of high speed/motorway riding, which I don't

If you do keep it you could treat yourself to a GS John chip and a suspension service or upgrade, just to pep it up a bit and make it feel a bit special again.

I'm currently having new (second hand) camshafts fitted to mine. :blast Don't ask. :comfort

Why are you having new?... oops, sorry, sounds like it might be traumatic!
Chip sounds tempting- I have just PMed him. How much was yours? I had the front shock serviced recently, plus a slightly stiffer spring- bit less vague at the expense of a little comfort. Perhaps the rear next year since it appears that I'll be keeping the big yellow pterodactyl!

Why are you having new?... oops, sorry, sounds like it might be traumatic!
Chip sounds tempting- I have just PMed him. How much was yours? I had the front shock serviced recently, plus a slightly stiffer spring- bit less vague at the expense of a little comfort. Perhaps the rear next year since it appears that I'll be keeping the big yellow pterodactyl!

Can't remember, but worth it. Funnily enough, although it's really smooth all through the rev range, the most noticeable improvement is at low revs, slow handling.

I also have Wilbers front and rear on mine which make it a magic carpet. Not sure what's happened with the cams, previous owner issues probably, but Mikeyboy will sort it for me. :thumb2

Tufts bike was bought as a derelict wreck,so who knows what servicing it had,anyways the cam bearings and cams are scrap,
Poor oil,lack of maintenance would seem to be favourites,not something I’ve come across on an 1150.
Will soon be sorted ,sh parts are readily available .

There's no servicing issues with Sweaty's bike. It was way over serviced before he took ownership. And it appears he had a similar outlook on servicing.

There's no servicing issues with Sweaty's bike. It was way over serviced before he took ownership. And it appears he had a similar outlook on servicing.

Best to look after them

Helps you in the end

Must concur. I could see through the oil that I took out- I still have it and the almost new spark plugs!!! I have only had to replace a steering seal and the starter motor ate itself (not unknown)- the bike is an absolute credit to you. Hence my reluctance to part with it. Forgive me that I have taken off the Nurburgring decal...

Just ordered a GSJohn chip! Even gave me a GSer discount when I asked! Thanks for advice.

Back
Top Bottom