anyone fitted bar risers to f750GS

russell

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted up and back bar risers to the f750GS :thumby: and if so are there any problems with the cables being too short :rob

Thinking about this mod to get an even more comfortable riding position but it seems that many people make the adjustment to allow for riding standing off-road. Can’t imaging there wouldn’t be enough play to allow for such a small difference in an adventure bike intended for off-road use?

Hi Russell
I have fitted a pair of Wunderlicht bar risers to my 750GS. I'm 5'7" and have the LS version, and it felt like I was sliding down the seat and leaning on the bars.
The risers have mostly cured this feeling and the ride is more upright. Better for standing for my height too.
Cheers

I have a Puig screen with deflector which works well for my height. The only thing I find is that I'm looking through both the screen and deflector.
The deflector is adjustable so I'll see if I can move it, so vision is not through both layers of acrylic screen.

Cheers Nomad, that's great the screen works for you. Trouble is as we all know what works for one doesn't work for another. If only we could test before we buy:rolleyes::rolleyes: Wouldn't that be nice.

:thumb
still undecided about getting a 750gs. Unsure about an aftermarket screen and buffeting and turbulance:nenau

Worse bike I have owned for turbulence and buffeting. I even went down the route of Madstad and that was better but not great. Although a Madstad / Givi set up on my old V Strom was superb. The 850GSA is much better at wind control but is too heavy. Also the Forks of the 750 are woeful as standard, even the G310GS forks are better - much better (the 850 fork is fine and works well). My 750 was rejected after a catalogue of engine repairs that concluded with a new motor. I didn't want it after that and BMW bought it back.

did you have any thrust bearing problems with 750?s
Cheers

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom