£24,000 for an Airhead G/S

That’s the £24,000 question - I suspect there is someone out there who’s been swept along by the trend - just hope they prefer polishing to riding. Personally can’t get excited by these PD’s, although I have a modified 80G/S for trail riding.

Classic prices are now just stupidly high and nice as it is, it isn’t worth that amount of money. I think there’s a greed that’s set in to the classic scene and after attending the Stafford show last weekend, the silly prices being asked for is killing it for many people.

It is a great example but can't be worth that,can it?

Of course it isn’t. They’re chancing their arm, to see how stupid people really are. It’s a nice example, but not £24k nice. :blast

Mind you, there are a lot of people with more money than sense out there. Good luck to the seller!

are they making them anymore..?

how long is a piece of string..?

seems this piece must be 24K long

It can one has just sold in Australia in auction for £42,000 !

If it went for 42K Sterling that would be almost 80KAUD which i suspect is highly unlikley, if your talking more like 42KAud, that would be nearer to 22K Sterling

Of course it isn’t. They’re chancing their arm, to see how stupid people really are. It’s a nice example, but not £24k nice. :blast

Mind you, there are a lot of people with more money than sense out there. Good luck to the seller!

The guy selling it while obviously wants the best price he can get it far from a chancer. He sells the best airheads in the country and has his a good grasp of what bikes sell for.

Why do you think buying a bike that appreciates in value makes you stupid ?

Nail, head, hit :thumby:

How much is a tidy R80 g/s PD worth then approximately? I may have to sell mine.....:(:(:(

Why do you think buying a bike that appreciates in value makes you stupid ?

The clever one here is the seller as he is asking for the value of the bike plus the next 10 years appreciation. The buyer will need to keep the bike for many years to see any significant return on his investment, other than the pleasure of ownership, of course.

The clever one here is the seller as he is asking for the value of the bike plus the next 10 years appreciation. The buyer will need to keep the bike for many years to see any significant return on his investment, other than the pleasure of ownership, of course.

10 years ago the same bike would have cost less than £15,000 , that’s not a bad return

There were at least six old GS models at the Stafford show going to auction. All in excess of £12K.
Immaculate condition though, probably better than new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom