System Helmet & comms

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Whilst in the Fatherland and at a Motorrad dealer near Heidelberg getting my mighty steed’s system being reset, I tried on a helmet, which I think was the one shown below.

It doesn’t appear on the https://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.com/uk/ website but is on the German version. I also recently saw someone selling a carbon version on here with comms.

I’m wondering what the pitfalls of buying one from the German website might be, anyone know. Also is the BMW comms better at integrating with the the TFT and Nav VI ?

Attachments

• 35E41708-6D69-4F02-AE58-020F0323C6C7.jpg
    35E41708-6D69-4F02-AE58-020F0323C6C7.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 281
I have bought several things (books, kit, bits’n’bobs) from several overseas websites without a problem.

If you are confident that the helmet you want fits, then go ahead and order it. You probably wouldn’t hesitate if it was a UK site? Would / should a German bod hesitate from using the same UK site. If you are nervous (of what, you don’t say) use a credit card as that will give you some protection.

I was buying some gear on the German version recently but when I went to checkout it only dispatched to Germany so check that.

I see there is a BMW part number for the helmet. Have you contacted a dealership to see if they can order one in? Failing that, contact one of the bods on this site who live in / travel to Germany regularly, to see if they’ll do you a favour.

It's available in the UK, just not showing colour variations on the website.

Call your local dealer and seek the best price.

Has anyone tried the BMW comms ?

Ordered stuff from all over Europe had stuff turn up quicker than buying it from a UK seller, the only issue is returns having to send them International, as somebody mentioned as it's a helmet are you confident you're ordering the right size & you're happy with the comfort.

Will do, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the risk of continuing this thread in the "wrong" section I have the BMW comms in a System 7 helmet paired with a Nav VI, an iPhone X and my RT. Regarding the comments made in the article linked to above I have only ever used the system for rider - pillion comms and so can't comment on the range issue. I don't use it for Siri commands so can't comment on that either. What's more, I like to hear ambient sounds and don't listen to music! As far as I am concerned for navigation commands and occasional rider - pillion comms it works fine. My only real criticism is that when the battery is running low all I hear is a very low-level warning to that effect in the ears - it is so low that the first time it happened I couldn't make out what it was saying and just carried on in puzzled ignorance until it died altogether. At that point I plugged in a USB cable from the bike and carried on - can't say that I'd seen any warnings not to do that and it doesn't seem to have done any harm. Yes the buttons are difficult with gloved hands but I'm guessing that applies to any similar system.

Back
Top Bottom