Where to buy 114 FXFBS Fat Bob bits

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK, new to Harley's, I have bought a new Softail Fat Bob 114.
I there a good place to get things like rack, pipes and screen from that isn't a Harley Dealer?

The best place to get genuine HD parts from is Jersey HD. You will save the VAT immediately.

Also - many HD dealers do 10-20% off parts and labour over the winter.

As for pipes, you'll almost certainly be better importing yourself from the US - even with VAT and duty paid.

Finally if you want the bike tuned properly, speak to Nick and Box at V-Twin customs in Rye. You won't get bad advice and Box is probably the best tuner in the country. Do this BEFORE you splash out any money for an HD tuner.....

Good luck - it's a cracking bike. I have one, so ask any questions you like!

The best place to get genuine HD parts from is Jersey HD. You will save the VAT immediately.

Also - many HD dealers do 10-20% off parts and labour over the winter.

As for pipes, you'll almost certainly be better importing yourself from the US - even with VAT and duty paid.

Finally if you want the bike tuned properly, speak to Nick and Box at V-Twin customs in Rye. You won't get bad advice and Box is probably the best tuner in the country. Do this BEFORE you splash out any money for an HD tuner.....

Good luck - it's a cracking bike. I have one, so ask any questions you like!

I’m curious as to how you rate them as “probably the best tuner in the country”?

OK, new to Harley's, I have bought a new Softail Fat Bob 114.
I there a good place to get things like rack, pipes and screen from that isn't a Harley Dealer?

For HD parts then go down the Jersey HD Route to save a few quid..

Reference aftermarket ...

First find / locate your nearest independent- lots out there - they will be agents for companies like Motorcycle Storehouse, Zodiac, W&W etc - this is a whole new world of endless farkling... you can change everything .. three times over and never burn out the source.

Couple of online stores like Hogparts and V Twin Mania are ok...

Good stuff is pricey cheap stuff is shit

It takes years to get your head into the community....

Thanks for the advice chaps (no pun intended !) I have heard good things about Northants V Twins from a mate with a Harley so will definitely look at them for servicing.
Not in a rush to tune but having browsed the Web America is significantly cheaper for bits.
A removable rack and screen are my first priorities.

Thanks for the advice chaps (no pun intended !) I have heard good things about Northants V Twins from a mate with a Harley so will definitely look at them for servicing.
Not in a rush to tune but having browsed the Web America is significantly cheaper for bits.
A removable rack and screen are my first priorities.

Not after you add 25% tariff - shipping costs and VAT at 20% - you will be adding virtually 50% to the price..

I’m curious as to how you rate them as “probably the best tuner in the country”?

First off - it should say "Boz", not "Box". Stupid autocorrect.

But I have had Harleys tuned at many places in the UK over the years and Boz just manages to get more out of them than most. Most of the other tuning shops that do Harleys, don't do many Harleys compared to other makes and Boz really knows his stuff.

He's written quite a few articles for "American V" magazine and if you can find back issues and have a read, his experience comes through well. He's also very well versed in custom engine builds from old Pans and Shovels right up to the current M8s. He's been recommended to me by several custom builders and HD dealers over the years.

But - he uses a tuning system called "Direct Link" which is not compatible with your typical Harley or Power Commander/Power Vision systems (which is why I said have a chat with him before you splash out money for a tuner). The resolution on Direct Link is (apparently) finer than that on most other systems. Most tuners will just stick an O2 sniffer up your tail pipe, whereas Boz will pull the heat shields off the pipes, drill holes in the right place in the header, set a rivnut type thing in and then screw the O2 sensors in that to get them in exactly the right place in the gas flow.

On my current M8 114" with the HD Stage 2 Torque cam and a Bassani Road Rage 3 I am getting 110HP and 126 at the rear wheel on his dyno.....which is pretty bloody for that setup with the limitation of the HD EPA compliant cam.

Anyway - in my opinion if you are looking to have a Harley properly tuned, call V-Twin and have a chat with Nick and Boz. Its worth your time to get things done correctly the first time!

First off - it should say "Boz", not "Box". Stupid autocorrect.

But I have had Harleys tuned at many places in the UK over the years and Boz just manages to get more out of them than most. Most of the other tuning shops that do Harleys, don't do many Harleys compared to other makes and Boz really knows his stuff.

He's written quite a few articles for "American V" magazine and if you can find back issues and have a read, his experience comes through well. He's also very well versed in custom engine builds from old Pans and Shovels right up to the current M8s. He's been recommended to me by several custom builders and HD dealers over the years.

But - he uses a tuning system called "Direct Link" which is not compatible with your typical Harley or Power Commander/Power Vision systems (which is why I said have a chat with him before you splash out money for a tuner). The resolution on Direct Link is (apparently) finer than that on most other systems. Most tuners will just stick an O2 sniffer up your tail pipe, whereas Boz will pull the heat shields off the pipes, drill holes in the right place in the header, set a rivnut type thing in and then screw the O2 sensors in that to get them in exactly the right place in the gas flow.

On my current M8 114" with the HD Stage 2 Torque cam and a Bassani Road Rage 3 I am getting 110HP and 126 at the rear wheel on his dyno.....which is pretty bloody for that setup with the limitation of the HD EPA compliant cam.

Anyway - in my opinion if you are looking to have a Harley properly tuned, call V-Twin and have a chat with Nick and Boz. Its worth your time to get things done correctly the first time!

I used Boz to sort my old Twin Cam Road King some years ago. Obviously knows his stuff but by fuck is he difficult to pin down by any kind of communication device.

I used Boz to sort my old Twin Cam Road King some years ago. Obviously knows his stuff but by fuck is he difficult to pin down by any kind of communication device.

Nick at V-Twin kind of bought Powerglides out - so Boz is now spending all his time building engines and tuning bikes. Nick's & co. actually answer the phone and run the business.

You are right though - when Boz ran his own business, he was impossible to reach. Genius at tuning, but shit at answering the phone!

Boz is back in town then, I thought he fucked off to Spain a few years back?
I know the guy who bought all his workshop equipment.....Well I did, he disappeared soon after:D:D

Definitely back. Mooching around in his Star Wars pyjamas in the machine shop and dyno room....

Slightly different need but anyone know where to get a plug for the accessory power connector for these?

I've a Bassani Road Rage 3 to sell that will fit your bike. Under a 1000 miles use but I've changed direction in the style I'm after. Half price seems fair. PM me if you're interested before I put it on eBay.

Attachments

• bassani_road_rage_iii2into1_exhaust_for_harley_softail_fat_bob2018_750x750.jpg
    bassani_road_rage_iii2into1_exhaust_for_harley_softail_fat_bob2018_750x750.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 180
I have the same. Don't want to sell it, and it has way more miles on it anyway.

Super pipe though. Looks great and can be tuned really well.

I have the same. Don't want to sell it, and it has way more miles on it anyway.

Super pipe though. Looks great and can be tuned really well.

Did it have to be tuned or can you just slap it on??

It needs a FuelPak or similar.

Cheers for that, I'm looking to get it comfortable first so heated grips, maybe cruise, sat nav mounted and perhaps some work on the saddle as it is giving me a pain in the coccyx at the moment although it might be the ridge in my jeans.

Just finishing running in so will keep powder dry on exhausts for a while unless something good comes up at a good price. I rode a demo with Vance and Hines short shots, nice but would drive me up the wall after an hour or so.

Back
Top Bottom