VEHICLE SAFETY RECALL

k1600 got mine today,anyone else.:rob

spoke to cheltnam today.john,
he said the gearbox parts will not be with them untill the middle of December ?
i asked if the bike can be ridden,he did not know ??????
waiting for him to get in touch with the mother ship to know what happens next ?
i asked i will need a loan bike,he said not of us,we will not have enough,i then asked him to get this sorted ,
awaiting fora return call.:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah

phoned cheltnam today,
yes they never phoned me back,
mid December the gearbox parts are supposed to arrive,then get booked in,nick says it will only take a day to do ?
i asked again can the bike be used now,he did not put his name to say yes or no,but he did say, if it was that bmw would have put an all out do not use on it ?
so i asked if the box decides to go bang riding it,who will be held responsible?
he went on that much i lost the will to live,so i still don,t know ffs
but he did say if it did go when riding it,you would not be able to coast to the side of the road if you clutched it being the design of the gearbox/clutch,nice to know.
he then directed me to bmw customer service .
phone them up to say,not to happy regarding using my bike while this matter is going on,can they supply me with a loan bike while i am waiting for the fix ?
after some time they replied with,
i will have to get back to you on that,poss 48hrs,if we do not get back please get in touch with us again.
so there we go.:beerjug:

k1600s gearbox,
been told its a day job because its a cassette type box.
parts will not be here until mid December.

ps
its up to you if you ride it or not

bmw will not put there name to it,so i have been told ????

mines being picked up by them in a van tomorrow,i will not ride it,so they have arranged for a loan bike until the works been done.

picked up my rt1250 loan bike today,
they have my k until its been done.

thank you,
they have a few rt,s already waiting iv,e been told lol.

theop,
played on the rt today,good bike don,t get me wrong but its got 4 cylinders missing.
i like the screen/mirrors,obviously the weight of it and after 5 grand it get a move on,i had a 1200r w/c loved it but not 2 up.:thumb
got it up to xmas so got some time left yet.

I hear you. I also loved the 6. The RT is for me more things more of the time, and since now I only have one bike, it is the one. Nimbleness is its one unique advantage over the 6.
But as I have said before, in a multi bike garage, if I could have a dedicated tourer only for touring, I d absolutely have a K 16 again....

theop,
i went out on the loaned rt1250 this sunday,only around 120 miles,trashed it cruised it etc,
i must say its a good all rounder,140 easy,get past 5 grand and it flies,it light the screens good,all apart from it needs hand guards.even with the excellent heated grips.
i love the mirrors,better placed than the 1600,sounds good even with a standard can on.the pilot 4s also give a good ride in the wet,i will be changing mine to 5s when i get it back.
over all a good bike,but again not as good as my 1600.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom