Yamaha Heated Grips

Johnnydrama

Reaction score
Anyone got oem yamaha grips on their tenere or mt07 etc?

I installed oxford adv grips on my tenere but they are thick (as in circumference) as feck (110mm). Like myself

Anyway a combination of that, winter gloves and a good reach to levers has my thumbs in bits.

First ill change the grips to oem heated if circumference is less, then a thinner palmed winter glove and maybe new levers then.

If anyone can measure their yamaha oem grip circumference id be grateful 🖒

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I have not measured the circumference of the grips but i can tell you the diameter
Yamaha oe non heated grips grips on the T7 are 33.5mm the oxford adventure ones are 34.8.....1.3mm more
so that would make the circumference 105mm so 5 mm less
I can put up with that
Plus the fact is you won't need to wear thick winter gloves with heated grips on
I just use summer gloves unless it's very cold

Thanks Garry, very useful info. Problem definately didnt seem as bad with the summer gloves.

Those with ugly muffs should do it. And a magura clutch conversion

My brother fitted a set to his Super Tenere. They are shorter than the standard grips on the S10 so you need to get an extension piece. My bro just cut a bit of the standard grips and stuck them on the end and they look and work fine.

I fitted a pair on my X-Max 250. they are very neat and work well.

I have heard a few people on the T7 forums complaining about the yam one not being very warm
There are a lot of people fitting the Oxford adventure grips

I've had Oxford fitted to mine after reading the same.

I had Yamaha ones on my tracer and they could've set your hands on fire.

My Africa Tein heated grips are pathetic even after the so called ‘fix’ and was wondering could I fit the Yamaha heated grips. They were hot on a Tracer I test rode and I think less than half the price of the Honda ones. I know the oxford ones would be great, but I hate the dopey control panel and they seem a lot thicker.

My Africa Tein heated grips are pathetic even after the so called ‘fix’ and was wondering could I fit the Yamaha heated grips. They were hot on a Tracer I test rode and I think less than half the price of the Honda ones. I know the oxford ones would be great, but I hate the dopey control panel and they seem a lot thicker.
That's the issue i have. The yamaha ones can be reprogrammed to boost heat. I know they need spacers but the oxfords are pulling tendons in m y thumbs!

My OE heated grips packed in twice during my Super tenere ownership, replaced under warranty each time. I wasn't impressed with the heat they gave out. I much prefer Oxford heated grips, I've used them on numerous bikes over the years without problem. Having said that the OE grips on my GS1150 were superb.

I have Oxford adventure heated grips on my S10, I've had older versions on previous bikes which were great, I'm not so impressed with these new ones. I had the controller replaced due to poor output, things didn't improve much and the whole lot was replaced but they still aren't great. They start to heat up but then go cold or if you switch them off sometimes they don't heat up at all. I had them running through a relay to get a switched live but I've now connected them to the battery but they still aren't up to much. I'm thinking of going to heated gloves.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom