The sixth and last edition of Alpentourer for 2019.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wapping

Reaction score
Is dedicated to France.

Find it on Readly or on the publisher’s own app.

It really is very good, even if it is in ‘foreign’. You’ll be able to download all the GPS routes from the magazine’s website.

93ce813312efecc46acbb9b7391819d6.jpg

A free translation of their blurb:

SPEZIAL FRANKREICH – Diese besonders umfangreiche Ausgabe spannt einen bunten Bogen durch das vielfältige Land, das bei einer großen Mehrheit der Motorrad-Reisenden ganz oben auf der Liste steht. Mit 10 Touren und 100+ Tipps – wie es sich für ein ALPENTOURER SPEZIAL gehört.
Der Fokus liegt auf Gegenden wie die Auvergne, die Ardèche, die Drôme, die Bretagne, das Vaucluse, die Provence, das Elsass und: Korsika!… Zehn Extratouren führen zu weniger bekannten Plätzen in der Grande Nation, etwa ins Perigord oder das Tal der Meuse in den französischen Ardennen. Dazu und zu unseren Reportagen findet ihr hier die GPS-Daten.

SPECIAL FRANCE - This extra-large edition spans a colorful arc through the diverse land that tops the list for a large majority of motorcyclists. With 10 tours and 100+ tips - as befits an ALPENTOURER SPECIAL.The focus is on areas such as Auvergne, Ardèche, Drôme, Brittany, Vaucluse, Provence, Alsace and: Corsica! ... Ten extra tours lead to lesser-known places in the Grande Nation, such as the Perigord or the Valley of the Meuse in the French Ardennes. For this and our reports you will find the GPS data here.

Here’s the link to the GPS page of their website: https://www.alpentourer.eu/alpentourer-tourentipps/gps-1906/

Be carefull when using these routes be sure to check they follow the actual route a couple of the ones i have tried needed a few more waypoints, and a few of the tracks that are with the routes look a bit suspect.

A good tip from Lee, as I had only checked that the downloads came down neatly, not that the actual tracks and routes reproduced accurately in BaseCamp.

Two rules:

1. ALWAYS check any routes or tracks you create yourself

2. ALWAYS check routes or tracks you receive from a third party

It’s rare that a third party route will tie up exactly with your plans, so it’s likely you’ll be bringing it into routes you have created yourself anyway. So, BOTH rules ALWAYs apply.

Have fun and feel free to rage at me and / or German magazines and / or Garmin if it all goes wrong..... we only tried to help.

All the Routes from this Magazine issue in one handy file to download or not, its your choice. Read what Wapping has said above before deciding to blindly follow a route. NB the route that follows the Lot river from Cahors through the gorges lardeche i can confirm is a stonka.

here ya go knock yourselves out, link below. click open at the top right of page then click download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqqkffqxfr6vr85/alpentourer routes.gpx?dl=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom