Lumpy and loud tickover

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The bike seems to be running rough again. lol

I did the Strontian trip last month, and noticed on the way back that the exhaust note sounded much deeper than usual,

I put it down to having the panniers on giving it a big box area to vent those gasses into

I also noticed i was low on oil (read very low) doh

I topped up and ran it for about a week before doing an oil and filter change.

I went from 20W/50 semi synth to 20W/50 to fully mineral

We also had shitloads of heavy rain last week and it felt like i had a misfire as I was going into work ( i also was very low on fuel)

Once i filled up, it seemed fine

Noticed over the last few days its seems very noisy (mechanically) at tick over but once it gets to about 3K revs is quietens down (lol)

Its got quite a bit of side to side movement at tick over, more so than ive noticed before.

I tried seeing if it was a coil failure, but it runs fine on the primarys with the secodarys disconnected

It sounds like it needs the valve clearances doing again, but we did those 6k ago so in theory shouldnt need doing again for while

Any ideas?? i was thinking of TPS again or possiblr hooking up the 911 and resetting all the adapations

Got to be time for a new bike, surely? :D

Could just be a tank of rough fuel. I've had that before. Bike ran terribly in Europe for a whole tankful then was fine when I filled up with premium again the following day.

Could just be a tank of rough fuel. I've had that before. Bike ran terribly in Europe for a whole tankful then was fine when I filled up with premium again the following day.

I cant remember what i put in last time, i'm due to fill in the next wek or so,

I may reset all adaptations and make sure i do a premium fill

A friend had a very rough tick over which was caused by a Idle Control unit not work correctly.

Does the bike run smoothly when you rev it (away from the Idle Control revs)?

This might help diagnose the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It rides fine,

Just a lumpy idle and generally sounds loud on tickover.

why oh why did they build em like tractors

It rides fine,

Just a lumpy idle and generally sounds loud on tickover.

why oh why did they build em like tractors

When you say sounds loud on tickover, do you mean mechanical noises or exhaust note?

my one does the same after a wet ride. I plaster the coils and electrics on the throttle bodies in wd40. Seems to cure it.

Back
Top Bottom