UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can I keep it? :)

Attachments

• Husky + Van.jpg
    Husky + Van.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 614
Knew I’d find you in here eventually ��

Loved mine till some scumbags stole both it and my FE250. Have fun!

Nice. The Husky section seems to be expanding. Did you get it from Husky Sport? I always find them good for spares.

Yes, that's my van outside their place :)

On another note, what's the best way to make the holes for the grab rails. I want to avoid the drill grabbing the plastics. I thought there'd be an instruction sheet at least.

Should have got HS to do it in retrospect :rolleyes:

On another note, what's the best way to make the holes for the grab rails. I want to avoid the drill grabbing the plastics. I thought there'd be an instruction sheet at least.

Can you clamp the panel onto a bench with a wooden block under so it's secure to drill?

Try using a Brad point drill

I always used to put a small piece of insulating tape over the plastics to stop the drill skipping around as I started then drill a small hole first. Also use a small amount of any oil you’ve got handy to prevent the plastic from getting hot and grabbing the drill.

It’s the usual story of take your time and go through slowly.

Do you think this might work well? I read somewhere that a flat wood bit was the way to go so bought this yesterday.

I need to find a cheaper test piece somewhere.

Do you think this might work well? I read somewhere that a flat wood bit was the way to go so bought this yesterday.

I need to find a cheaper test piece somewhere.

Dunno but I've always done what Andy suggested; speed slow enough to go through the plastic but not fast enough to snag.......

Andres

Holes in thin sheet metal or plastic are best drilled with a step cutter or a cone cutter rather than a drill bit, as they don't "grab".

Thanks for the suggestions. A friend of mine pointed out that the wood bit would only work on a flat surface, so I returned it and got a step cutter instead. Between that and the 16mm hole saw I already have I think I'm set.

New body panels can't be that dear anyway :)

Already done the tail tidy bit at a cost of zero, including relocating the number plate light.

Back
Top Bottom