Rear shock rebuild 08 gsa

toy40

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone get there rear shock rebuild over here? Costs? Lukas over in London seem good but local may be better when you take account of shipping.
ec65fd5502c90a6060d19782604bce3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had that question for a shock a few years ago. I forgot what bmw it was off. Rang a few people who said the shock was sealed for life. That’s code for “I don’t have the tools/expertise to do the job. Firefox do a great job. JJH

Firefox in Uk too? Lukas charges £100 hard to beat that.

€100 to rebuild a shock? I’d ask them exactly what that includes. Then go for it. JJH

Yes esa!

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago with the the front and rear 1150 GS ADV shocks for my rebuild project. NDM in North county can't /won't rebuild oem shocks. I contacted Lucas aka Denz0 about the shocks by PM and then on the phone to see what he was going to do . I sent the two of them over by post which cost 29.00 euro(15.00 euros postage, 14.00 insurance).

I got a PM from Lucas to say my front shock was fubarred and not repairable but he had a solution, that was to supply a 1200 shock which required modification. This was the first one he had done so was a test shock so to speak. This shock got a full service / rebuild as did the rear one and he upgraded the rear spring with a heavier one from his stock of leftover oem springs to match the front, sprayed the shock bodies etc and sent the whole lot back by courier for £250.00 which in my opinion is great value for money.
I have fitted the shocks to my daily runner to try them out and can definitely say there is a vast improvement in both shocks.

My advice would be to send it over to Denz0 you won't be disappointed.

Cheers
Dub 24

Yes he’s great been talking to him. Not sure of the pros of a new spring! Going to send it off to him as postage not as bad as I thought.

Yes he’s great been talking to him. Not sure of the pros of a new spring! Going to send it off to him as postage not as bad as I thought.

A new spring? Does the front do much? Or to put it another way, does it do enough to need a new spring?

New rear! Not touching the front. May upgrade the spring because I’m a big lad 15st plus!!

The front oem shock came with a heavier spring as standard so Lucas changed the rear spring to match.
Cheers

593372756b84d67a33a5c8406a2a3d1c.jpg

So! Out it comes. Heading to Lukasz.

I’m sending a shock to the uk in the next week or two. Who did you use for postage and how much? Thanks! Think my shock weighs about 7/8 kg. I expect your esa weighs more?

I’m sending a shock to the uk in the next week or two. Who did you use for postage and how much? Thanks! Think my shock weighs about 7/8 kg. I expect your esa weighs more?
Owen, I have a shock in my garage you can borrow if you want to keep your bike on the road.
PM me if interested.

YSS with preload adjuster.

Sent from a U11
96a7e4c45e5b50a8dbf4f624e4651a21.jpg

Back
Top Bottom