Dent Event - Friday 15th Saturday 16th Sunday 17th May 2020

Booked my suite at the George and Dragon last week. Stu and I may do another guided walk out from the camp site.

On to it now.:thumb2
O/S map and Silva compass ordered and orienteering refresher course booked.:D

I'm in though need to organise a training program to be sure I'm fit enough.

Will Tony go back and forwards every 10 minutes by the windows as he books dinner tables in various places?

He's being supplied with a handheld GPS with extra batteries.:D

On to it now.:thumb2
O/S map and Silva compass ordered and orienteering refresher course booked.:D

He's being supplied with a handheld GPS with extra batteries.:D

Why worry,

The full UKGSer investigation team will more than likley be there.

Search and rescue activitys will be coordinated by the teams finest

Micky, you always arrange this on a weekend i'm working. However, you've posted the dates in time for me to apply for leave, so I have.:thumby:
Once my leave dates are confirmed, i'll be posting up another Devon weekend too.

We're in again and I've sorted our transport :beerjug:

Attachments

• vazzmob1.jpg
    vazzmob1.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 484
  • vazzmob2.jpg
    vazzmob2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 486
  • vazzmob3.jpg
    vazzmob3.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 513
We're in again and I've sorted our transport :beerjug:

If you think you're going to park that up at High Laning AND put a tent up you can expect Margaret knocking on your canvas for more ground rent :D

:beerjug:

If you think you're going to park that up at High Laning AND put a tent up you can expect Margaret knocking on your canvas for more ground rent :D

I would expect nothing less and am prepared to pay the piper, or Margaret, christ I wouldn't dare try and reduce her take :aidan

I would expect nothing less and am prepared to pay the piper, or Margaret, christ I wouldn't dare try and reduce her take :aidan

I called in last month on my way up to Scotland, pal Tom came across for the night in his MoHome. There was only the two of us on the campsite.
When Tom paid (£22.50) he mentioned that it was rather expensive. She waved the money at him and stormed off saying "How can I live on £22.50 a day" Ha ha ha ....

She came to me and said "I don't like him, he's complained that I'm too dear" I told her that she was ... there was only two units on the campsite, Tom and myself. She stormed off again moaning under her breath, chuntering!

I spent the next three weeks touring Scotland and used quite a few campsites. Everyone was far cheaper, most with better facilities. Not one of the sites moaned about not being able to live on the £12 to £15 I'd paid (and that includes WiFi and good hot showers, unlike High Laning) All the camp sites were reasonably busy :thumb

She charged me £45 for a 907 Camping Gaz refill ... everywhere else (I checked) it hovered around the £30 mark

That'll not happen again :rob

She does us a bit of a deal for our UKGSer weekend in May, so I shan't fall out with her, even though she wants to up the prices :eek:

Back in the student day, I worked for National Car Parks at the Highland (agricultural) show at Ingliston. The big annual do for farmers in Scotia. Every single one of the buggers would roll down the window of the landie or whatever and whinge about the charge,then bring out a fat wallet or roll of notes to pay.

I called in last month on my way up to Scotland, pal Tom came across for the night in his MoHome. There was only the two of us on the campsite.
When Tom paid (£22.50) he mentioned that it was rather expensive. She waved the money at him and stormed off saying "How can I live on £22.50 a day" Ha ha ha ....

She came to me and said "I don't like him, he's complained that I'm too dear" I told her that she was ... there was only two units on the campsite, Tom and myself. She stormed off again moaning under her breath, chuntering!

I spent the next three weeks touring Scotland and used quite a few campsites. Everyone was far cheaper, most with better facilities. Not one of the sites moaned about not being able to live on the £12 to £15 I'd paid (and that includes WiFi and good hot showers, unlike High Laning) All the camp sites were reasonably busy :thumb

She charged me £45 for a 907 Camping Gaz refill ... everywhere else (I checked) it hovered around the £30 mark

That'll not happen again :rob

She does us a bit of a deal for our UKGSer weekend in May, so I shan't fall out with her, even though she wants to up the prices :eek:

My understanding is that she's still smarting from the local council bollocking she got for the numbers on site at the beer fest and that's why available pitches were vastly reduced for the fest!

Back
Top Bottom