Heated Vest or Heated Jacket?

Lead? Whichever one suits you. Quite why you’d want to buy an additional cigarette lighter socket is beyond me, unless you wanted to use it for something else, too.

Fit? Definitely whichever one suits you.

I have one and it is easy to direct wire to the battery. I think if you were to daisy chain other items to it, you may exceed the 5 amp output of the GS din socket.
I went one size down and it fits me nicely over a micro fleece top.

Try J and S. they were throwing in a free heat controller before Christmas.

the Keis gear is very low wattage compared to some makes. I have put a DIN socket on a Keis supplied lead as my R1200RS has a convenient power outlet under your right thigh. I can run a heated vest and insoles and run a 3A fuse in the lead. The canbus socket will take 5A.

I have one and it is easy to direct wire to the battery. I think if you were to daisy chain other items to it, you may exceed the 5 amp output of the GS din socket.
I went one size down and it fits me nicely over a micro fleece top.

Try J and S. they were throwing in a free heat controller before Christmas.

Not looking at getting any other heated garments, think the vest will be enough.

Thanks for the J and S tip, no offers at the moment, must have just been a Christmas deal.

Lead? Whichever one suits you. Quite why you’d want to buy an additional cigarette lighter socket is beyond me, unless you wanted to use it for something else, too.

Fit? Definitely whichever one suits you.

I have another lead because I ride lots of different bikes which are owned by the charity, so I want to be able to use my kit on any bike.

Not looking at getting any other heated garments, think the vest will be enough.

Thanks for the J and S tip, no offers at the moment, must have just been a Christmas deal.

I've just bought a keis heated jacket from sports bike shop online, they were the cheapest and had the free controller as well.

I have another lead because I ride lots of different bikes which are owned by the charity, so I want to be able to use my kit on any bike.

Exactly why I've ordered the accessory lead, as I ride blood bikes as well, so gives the option of multi use ..hopefully!

Exactly why I've ordered the accessory lead, as I ride blood bikes as well, so gives the option of multi use ..hopefully!

Works with me, although I generally only need the gloves as the RTs give enough protection so I don't need a heated jacket or liner, although the aux socket will run my gloves and liner if needed, jacket might push the amps over the top

Works with me, although I generally only need the gloves as the RTs give enough protection so I don't need a heated jacket or liner, although the aux socket will run my gloves and liner if needed, jacket might push the amps over the top

Cashbar, awaiting arrival of Kreis heated vest, (Today hopefully!) understood the power take off on the R1250 / 1200 RT would not run the Jacket, are you saying its OK with the vest?

Cashbar, awaiting arrival of Kreis heated vest, (Today hopefully!) understood the power take off on the R1250 / 1200 RT would not run the Jacket, are you saying its OK with the vest?

I have run gloves and vest from the socket. The sockets will provide 5amps to each, or 10 across both, so if only using one, then 10amps is available. All the kit in their specs either show amperage draw or wattage, just work out what you want to run and se if it goes over the 10amps. The last time I looked at a jacket, with he gloves it was around 9.x amps, which would have been too much, but the vests draw less amps. The other option of course is run your gloves off the socket and run your vest with a separate battery pack. I have also done this, if I don't want the gloves plugged in and just want the vest, saves the cables. I don't have a wi fi controller, but if running two garments, you will need a dual controller

Cheers for the info, only running the kries vest don't need the gloves on RT & heated grips:thumb2

Funny I found it the other way around, gloves miles better than grips, but I don't use my vest much at all :)

Happy with the heated grips on mine, hands toasty, but chest area could do with a bit of warmth, heated seat good as well think the heated vest will be perfect, hope so as off to the Rhino rally in February:D

Back
Top Bottom