EURO 5 on the doorstep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should it be ? It effects LC engined bikes so its only but right its in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Euro 5 will affect ALL bikes, so it should be in the pub. ;)

I doubt your average or even above average MOT Tester would have a clue about them anyway, so id not be too worried about it.

Well lets say you tried to remove it, bet BMW will have put a snitch in the ECU, and blackpool lights will kick in, and you will be limping home.

Well lets say you tried to remove it, bet BMW will have put a snitch in the ECU, and blackpool lights will kick in, and you will be limping home.

Yup, I’d bet my next glass of wine on it.

And that’s saying something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Euro 5 will affect ALL bikes, so it should be in the pub. ;)

Im not entirely sure you understand this is the LC section Nutty, and as such we are discussing LC bikes, GO FIGURE, so toodle off and let someone rub you down with a can of fanta, make you feel all warm n fluffy inside :comfort:augie:D

Just keep stomping your feet like wapping and it might happen, but even easier why not close the whole forum down, so only paid members can see and chat, really do not see why this has to be in the pub. :nenau

Just keep stomping your feet like wapping and it might happen, but even easier why not close the whole forum down, so only paid members can see and chat, really do not see why this has to be in the pub. :nenau

They are all feeling left out, and feel they are entitled to be in on every post thats on here. Just look at the post counts, tells its own story i'm thinking.:blast:D:p

They are all feeling left out, and feel they are entitled to be in on every post thats on here. Just look at the post counts, tells its own story i'm thinking.:blast:D:p

Well feck em, anyway back to the thread, so we have discovered a canister, and surely the 3rd O2 sensor activation, and possibly flapper valve, and software updates, looks like these new bikes are going to be well locked down, my goldilocks has just gained 2 grand in value :beerjug:

Well feck em, anyway back to the thread, so we have discovered a canister, and surely the 3rd O2 sensor activation, and possibly flapper valve, and software updates, looks like these new bikes are going to be well locked down, my goldilocks has just gained 2 grand in value :beerjug:

Not sure if mine has made by the skin of its teeth, but since i wont be doing anything major to it, except maybe a set of titanium headers, when i dont have to send my wife out in the dark to walk the streets and bring back the bacon :eek: when they are less than a grand i might think about it. :rob

Not sure if mine has made by the skin of its teeth, but since i wont be doing anything major to it, except maybe a set of titanium headers, when i dont have to send my wife out in the dark to walk the streets and bring back the bacon :eek: when they are less than a grand i might think about it. :rob
Not going for the diamond encrusted headers, I'm shocked

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I would wait as you have that 3rd O2 sensor that is not yet totally activated, if they roll out a software, and I will bet my bacon sandwich it will happen, headers without cats, might start giving problems, best to wait until this all pans out, i reckon not before somebody gets new software on their 1250 that has the so called catless headers.

if a bike goes in for a service with aftermarket headers, then bmw updates the software to activate the rear sensor, then i'm sorry but its the dealer who will have to fix that at BMW's expense. it was working when it went in

if a bike goes in for a service with aftermarket headers, then bmw updates the software to activate the rear sensor, then i'm sorry but its the dealer who will have to fix that at BMW's expense. it was working when it went in

Good and valid point Grant, going to be a few problems coming along for sure.

I reckon they would just say the bike has been modified outwith BMW spec, then charge the owner for repairs. I dont know if you can tell them DO NOT ACTIVE THE THIRD SENSOR OR ELSE I WILL HOLD YOU LIABLE. They would more than likely tell you to take a hike.

Boys, it's your property... Not BMW's

They have absolutely no right to tamper with your property without your authorisation.

Simple as that.

I reckon they would just say the bike has been modified outwith BMW spec, then charge the owner for repairs. I dont know if you can tell them DO NOT ACTIVE THE THIRD SENSOR OR ELSE I WILL HOLD YOU LIABLE. They would more than likely tell you to take a hike.

Well seems while bike is under warranty, the bike should really stay within specs of BMW build, so it might get sticky.

Tell them not to do a software update. Tell them only to replace physical items needed in the service.

Boys, it's your property... Not BMW's

They have absolutely no right to tamper with your property without your authorisation.

Simple as that.

Agree but what happens if there is a problem, or a safety recall, and software update is needed, could be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom