Clocks/LCD Screen Flickering

buncobooth

Reaction score
Has anybody had an issue with the orange backlighting on the lcd screen next to the clocks ? Mine seems to have developed a darker patch in the bottom left corner which kind of flickers and sometimes illuminates correctly but sometimes not ? I presume this is a replacement to fix that ?

Has anybody had an issue with the orange backlighting on the lcd screen next to the clocks ? Mine seems to have developed a darker patch in the bottom left corner which kind of flickers and sometimes illuminates correctly but sometimes not ? I presume this is a replacement to fix that ?

Could be a number of things ....

A) The driver circuit to the LED itself
B) The LED itself

Could be caused by a dry joint , water damage etc..

Easiest way , whip the unit off ( 3 circlips ) unscrew the back and pop the unit out of the case

Plug it back into the bike and have a detailed looksee

If it's just the backlight, sounds like a bulb has gone. Just unclear if those bulbs are replaceable or if they're part of the flippin assembly... maybe a visit to the micro niche wil help

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It looks like you can open up the back if the instrument cluster. Great think it'd it's a fiddle to take off and take indoors to work on.

I think if you get the back off, you'll know quickly if you're able to replace the bulbs or led's

Ok. Which type? Replaceable?

Hang on let me get my crystal ball out ...... nope it's fucked !!

how the hell would i know what type they are, there very small surface mounted and LED...

How do i know, because ive opened my Kombi up, to address the flashing faulty led ;)

Hang on let me get my crystal ball out ...... nope it's fucked !!

how the hell would i know what type they are, there very small surface mounted and LED...

How do i know, because ive opened my Kombi up, to address the flashing faulty led ;)
Oh blimey.

You start with "how would I know" and then answer the question..... because you've already opened one up.

There was a more efficient way to answer that. But I guess you already know.

Based on your answer I'd say yes it's fucked. Unless the op has access to someone well versed in electronics repair...

Oh blimey.

You start with "how would I know" and then answer the question..... because you've already opened one up.

There was a more efficient way to answer that. But I guess you already know.

Based on your answer I'd say yes it's fucked. Unless the op has access to someone well versed in electronics repair...

It wasnt meant in the way you took it ;)

There LEDs i know, because if you have read any of the servoectomy threads they say you have to open the kombi and cover the ABS LEDs

I opened my kombi, because the tape the previous owner used wasnt in place properly so the flashing LED was visible

I covered the offending LEDs with black butyl so no light gets out.

As to what type of leds, i have no idea, there surface mounted, and the size of a ballpoint nib

Best i can do i'm afraid

:)

It wasnt meant in the way you took it ;)

There LEDs i know, because if you have read any of the servoectomy threads they say you have to open the kombi and cover the ABS LEDs

I opened my kombi, because the tape the previous owner used wasnt in place properly so the flashing LED was visible

I covered the offending LEDs with black butyl so no light gets out.

As to what type of leds, i have no idea, there surface mounted, and the size of a ballpoint nib

Best i can do i'm afraid

:)
No worries Mr. I wasn't offended . But back to the LEDs. Actually you've answered my question. They seem to be flush, pcb mounted types, which is bit more of a pain to repair - assuming it is indeed the LED that's gone...

Back
Top Bottom