Are my G/S matching? does it matter?

monster-mash

Reaction score
Ok Guys, I am rebuilding the carbs on my 1st BMW G/S as part of the rebuild and need a little advice. Both carbs are Bing 32mm the numbers on the carbs are nearside 64/32/305 with the number 7/2 and a floating 6 or 9 on the other side of the carb, the off side is 64/32/306 with the number 9/2 again 6 or 9 on other side of the carb. The only other difference other than a no so polished diaphragm cover is said cover has Bing embossed onto the surface where other cover has nothing.

Is this normal or should both numbers match? Should i be bothered in any way?

I am rebuilding them at the moment using seals and gasket kit also replaced both needle nozzles as the old were pitted, i dont know how it ran before as all i do know is its been sat doing nothing for the best part of 20 years.

Going from memory, same story on R100GS. Both carbs are different as they are handed so will have slightly different numbers . I'm sure a Google search will come up with something more definitive.

Ok so it sounds normal, I have been looking on google but i cannot find that much information regarding specific issue.
Thanks Mr Murr

I apologise as i have just realised i left the word carb from the header:blast

I believe that a pair consist of those with consecutive numbers as yours are.

I'm sure someone will be along to confirm or deny.

Hi MM
Mine has consecutive numbers on carbs.....
You might be able to check on www.realoem.com for your model. Often very helpful ....:thumby:

Thanks guys and to albatross yes the numbers are correct, sometimes it just takes another person to show the light

Back
Top Bottom