Battery charger

C Bowen

Reaction score
HI there was wondering if someone would know can a normal oxford battery charger be connected to the battery or dose it have to go through the camboss wiring the bike in question is a 1250 GS adventure as you can see new to the GS forum

Chris

I have my optimate 4 connected via a fused lead direct to the battery so I don't see why not. It's actually a canbus compatible one which you select either the canbus/non canbus option so mine's acting like a normal non canbus one in it present setting. I also use that flying lead to power my heated vest and also for my airman mini compressor to pump tyres up after a puncture as the canbus will normally trip as it exceeds the maximum current draw

HI there was wondering if someone would know can a normal oxford battery charger be connected to the battery or dose it have to go through the camboss wiring the bike in question is a 1250 GS adventure as you can see new to the GS forum

Chris

Hi fella

Standard charger wired to the battery works fine, if you want to go canbus then you need a BMW one or a other canbus compatible one. I have a good quality Oxford one wired to lead on battery

Back
Top Bottom