Anyone Changed their own oil in the 750/850?

Ron from BC

Reaction score
I'm really surprised that there aren't more/any youtube how-to's on these bikes yet and in the absence of the shop manual availability some of these once routine jobs are a bit tricky......2 oil drain plugs? Dry sump and main....

If anyone has delved into an oil change I'd be interested in knowing a couple of things...torque values on these two plugs, are they torx or hex....ad nauseum

I'm really surprised that there aren't more/any youtube how-to's on these bikes yet and in the absence of the shop manual availability some of these once routine jobs are a bit tricky......2 oil drain plugs? Dry sump and main....

If anyone has delved into an oil change I'd be interested in knowing a couple of things...torque values on these two plugs, are they torx or hex....ad nauseum

For the filter, get a proper oil filter wrench that fits. It's a messy pain in the arse if you have to bang a screwdriver into them to get them off.

I do torque the drain plugs to spec - and also always use a new crush washer or o-ring as appropriate. Torque is almost always pretty low though, so nipping them up will be just fine.

I normally use a torque wrench on sump plugs so as not to over tighten them but only replace the washer if it looks damaged which is very rare.

I only know of one drain plug, the one in the center and lowest point. I usually reuse the washer and apply some gasket sealer to it.

Back
Top Bottom