Bike transport to Spain

Lemon

Reaction score
The Brittany Ferries are all booked up and I need my bike in South Spain (though anywhere in Spain will do!).

I'd rather not bike down to Dover then all through France as I have limited time to get into Morocco which is the destination.

Happy to have the bike delivered to Morocco but assumption was Spain would be more economical and I will have a couple of days riding available that I can use to get to Morocco from anywhere in Spain.

Any recommendations? Cheers folks. x

Do you need the bike brought back, too?

PS Google: motorbike transport spain

It throws up lots of ideas and companies to contact. Be quick as you leave soon.

When are you going ? The ferries are not booked every day as yet

The ferries are booked between 11th and 15th which is when i can take them.
I've found dozens of companies online and sent off for quotes and waiting to hear back but I would prefer a recommendation from here if possible. I only need one way as can bike it back myself as will have more time.

Thanks for any help :)

£500 plus vat to Spain from Chas Mortimer ( one way )

from weybridge to malaga is about 1400 miles one way, the ferry is about £300 nikka (for a transit sized van)return, fuel would be about 8 tanks £450, tolls £300 plus 4 days of someone's time 800-1100 sheets plus pd's.... which is what...£2-2,7K

how can someone do it for a monkey..? one way..?

a pair of monkey's return..?

can't get better as a guess 1408 miles... and the figures there are for a small economical car

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 631
This company is in Essex https://www.silverwolfuk.com/ Bill Batho gave me a quote of £380+vat one way to La Linea for my 1200GS. No return service though unless is a full lorry load.
They did suggest it was crated up though so that put the price up considerably. Although they do ship uncrated bike he said they were usually scramblers.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Hi Lemon, Drop Eastgate freight in Gibraltar www.eastgatefreight.com they work with a Spanish company in Los Barrios called Perez Munoz, their depot is about 3 to 4 miles from Algecires port, and you could have the bike dropped off there, big secure warehouse, and the same for the return journey. You can fly direct to Gib from London to pick the bike up. They only need the bike to go onto a tray, which is a platform for the bike to sit on and be strapped too, so that it can be fork lifted on and off the lorry. I've used them literally hundreds of times over the years, 3 times to transport my 1200 GS's, If you do use them, get it invoiced from Gibraltar as there is no VAT in Gib I would imagine the price would be in the region of £350 to £400 mark each way. They have lorry's coming backwards and forwards to Gib 2/3 times a week.

The only possible downside is their UK warehousing is in Worcestershire. But other than that, it would tick all of your boxes.

If you need any more help, just PM me..

The Brittany Ferries are all booked up and I need my bike in South Spain (though anywhere in Spain will do!).

I'd rather not bike down to Dover then all through France as I have limited time to get into Morocco which is the destination.

Happy to have the bike delivered to Morocco but assumption was Spain would be more economical and I will have a couple of days riding available that I can use to get to Morocco from anywhere in Spain.

Any recommendations? Cheers folks. x

Hi
Just checked and Brittany Ferries have space on your dates I think. Use a friends club membership to get a 10% off when and if you book.

Derek

How goes it, Lemon?

Did you manage to make a booking for the ferry?

Will you be riding down across France and Spain?

Did you find a way to ship your bike via truck, if so with whom?

Did you decide to fly and hire a bike? If so, from whom?

Something else?

I was thinking the same. It’s good to have some feedback, as any knowledge learned can be shared for the benefit of us all...:thumb2

Had several great trips to Spain and because East Gate Freight are ‘just down the road’ I gave ‘em a quick call today. V helpful, but because bikes aren’t their usual haul they would have to match a bike to a suitable load so would probably need 2wks notice then a 1wk transit time. To min paperwork (temp import/ export?) rather than use Gib as the destination the suggestion was to use a nearby Spanish whorehouse (sp) in Los Barrios. Bike occupies 1mx2m ie 2 pallets so apprx £400+£50(warehouse del fee)=£450. Notice required, transit time and costs are same for both directions (ie ~£900 ret). Need to sort own minor damage insurance, tho if trailer stolen or catches fire etc (highly unlikely) then EGF insurance would cover. Clearly the longer the stay in Spain the more cost effective this approach becomes. £900 would hire a bike for say 9days so I guess that's the break even pt. Note, Brexit extension truce is only to 31st Jan2020 so then back into the temp import/ export paperwork wherever you go?? Suggestions for cheap accom in Spain for 4wks??

Back
Top Bottom