Airvest service

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I just had my Helite vest serviced by Airvest UK.

Having removed the unused gas cylinder I posted it to Airvest op norf by RMSD, initially as I’d heard nothing I phoned to confirm they had it and what was it going to cost ?

They thought they had misplaced it, which would have meant they would replace it, however it was found, cleaned and serviced and returned for £72.00 a couple of days later.

Good for another of years if not deployed.

I’m very happy with the service I received even if they appeared a bit disorganised.

What do Airvest do (besides losing it) when they service the jacket?

Clean it, check to any damage and wear, replace any bits on the mechanism that looks off. But the main thing is, if you don't have it serviced, your 4 year warranty is void.

Just what Casbar said, plus with mine they changed the cable underneath the gas cylinder as it was frayed.

How often do they need to be serviced?

"As your Helite airbag product is a safety item as a general rule Airvest recommends that air jackets & vests are serviced every year dependant on their use and condition. This is NOT a mandatory requirement just an advisory – as mentioned above however they must be serviced every 2 years to satisfy the terms & conditions of your warranty agreements."

Mine and my wifes vest was coming upto 3 years old, so I upgraded mine (changed from black to yellow) and put hers in for service. Service costs around £50 plus courier or £70 if they use DPD to collect and return.

Airbag ready items are going to be seen everywhere in the clothing industry in 2020

Some huge names are bringing in Airbag technology into their jackets next year including RST, Held & Furygan. Currently Ixon, Dainese, Alpinestars and He-Lite are already offering this service but it's becoming quite obvious how important it is to wear airbag technology for the riders safety so be ready for some nice new tech improvements for next season. It's also becoming so so so much cheaper for automated airbag technology apposed to a pull cord system which is awesoem news :)

I think RST are making a jacket with IN & Motion technology next year for just £299.99 (+ the £11 or so subscribtion to the In & Motion Service)

Airbag ready items are going to be seen everywhere in the clothing industry in 2020

Some huge names are bringing in Airbag technology into their jackets next year including RST, Held & Furygan. Currently Ixon, Dainese, Alpinestars and He-Lite are already offering this service but it's becoming quite obvious how important it is to wear airbag technology for the riders safety so be ready for some nice new tech improvements for next season. It's also becoming so so so much cheaper for automated airbag technology apposed to a pull cord system which is awesoem news :)

I think RST are making a jacket with IN & Motion technology next year for just £299.99 (+ the £11 or so subscribtion to the In & Motion Service)

There are some great tech coming along. The airbag in the jacket is good, but for me the vest works better, as I have more than one jacket, so unless I spend £££ on jackets, the vests work for now. I spoke to the Helite people at a show earlier in the year, they have no intention of moving to cordless jackets or vests, which is interesting, they still stick by the corded type deployment.

Apart from forgetting to connect the lanyard, a simple mechanical activation is going to be more reliable than a one via electronics. Keep it Simple.

There is an Ixon Airbag vest which can be worn under / over anything and works on the In Motion (which most brands will be using in 2020... Ixon made it huge and now everyone has kind of copeid the concept but Ixon have the patent on a stand alone product that can be worn with anything, which is why everyone else using In & Motion are integrating it into their garments) - It does require a subscription for around £11 a month for the technology (like a phone contract) but with that you're able to upgrade the technology if it advances etc. To refill also only costs £90 per deployment apposed to replacing a damaged garment which previously would cost potentially thousands. We've done loads of these, they're a great idea and really has go In & Motion up and running massively, hence why Furygan, Held & RST are using their technology for 2020 :)

See link below for Icon Vest:

https://www.motocentral.co.uk/ixon-airbag-vest-black-orange.html

There is also a Dainese Airbag vest coming too which can be worn under / over anything with enough room to deploy an Airbag. These are due shortly onto the market - these don't require any subscription like the Ixon vest though.

Link for the Dainese version:

https://www.dainese.com/gb/en/motor...LLOW&cgid=motorbike-collections-d-air#start=1

Back
Top Bottom