Munich to Garmisch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickstart

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Heading over there next July and was wondering if anyone could suggest a nice route between the two. Have a few hours to spare and any suggestions re interesting stops along the way would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

We meant to call in at Schloss Linderhof when we passed last year but we were running late so had to give it a miss. Looks interesting if castles are your thing. It isn’t far off the direct route.

South to Tegernsee and on to the Austrian border but staying on the 307 west to GP

As above, it ain’t far. In 2018 I enjoyed the heaviest rain of my whole trip on that stretch of road. Didn’t see anything of interest. Just wanted to get there and out of the rain.

BMW World was certainly worth a visit. I popped in late in the evening for a preview on my arrival day, then caught the full biffta the next morning.

Stayed at Arthotel Ana im Olympiapark. Guess what - old Olympic Games accommodation.

ps - the ride after Garmisch via Grossglochner and beyond was brill.

I used the routes off RIDE magazine this year and cobbled one from the 2 they had. Very easy and great routes

Yeah going for 3 weeks doing grossglochner then down into the dolomites and over to weissespitze amongst others. Have routes planned etc but just that initial first short run was proving troublesome as it's the day of arrival.

Thanks S92GS will be looking at it tomorrow looks interesting.:beerjug:

We meant to call in at Schloss Linderhof when we passed last year but we were running late so had to give it a miss. Looks interesting if castles are your thing. It isn’t far off the direct route.

Great road to ride that goes past it

Nice ride after tea, about 8pm when there is no traffic on it and you can 'open up the taps' on the bike

Cheers El Capitano remember seeing a programme on TV not long again about Schloss linderhof will definitely give it a visit.:okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom