Hankering after a Harley

There's nothing wrong with the older Twin Cam engine. Especially later models. It's a very good motor. And there should be plenty of good low mileage bikes available as people trade up to an M8.

However the M8 ups the ante with 4 valves per cylinder and air/oil cooling. Wahey - my 2011 GS had the same.

The M8 is definitely a nicer, smoother motor though. With quite a lot more grunt stock. If you get an early one, make sure any mods for the potential oil transfer problem have been done

At your budget, I would definitely look at a Road King or Road King Special rather than an Electra. If you are looking at Street Glides, you may want to consider a Road Glide instead. It's a bit more "Marmite" with the looks, but the frame mounted fairing is better than the fork mounted fairing on the Street Glide as there is less weight on the bars and better wind protection.

I could find another grand for a 16k M8 but they all seem to be £17+ and not sure it’s worth paying the extra, tbh £15k for a motorcycle seems a bit excessive. Is the M8 worth the extra, are they that much better? (Bear in mind that I’m not bothered about the additional speed of the M8).

It's a split vote the M8 is much more refined - some say it's lost its Harley Charm - i'd be looking for a late 103 or 108 TC if it was me as M8's climb quickly to the upper teens.

Plenty of TC Street Glides in your budget on Ebay/Autotrader i've just had a look

It's a split vote the M8 is much more refined - some say it's lost its Harley Charm - i'd be looking for a late 103 or 108 TC if it was me as M8's climb quickly to the upper teens.

Plenty of TC Street Glides in your budget on Ebay/Autotrader i've just had a look

“M8”s are for people who want a Harley but don’t “get it”...:D

Joking aside...a post 2009 Twin cam, that has been looked after (most of them if we exclude Bez) would fit the bill...with the added bonus of saving you money to spend on enjoying the bike instead...

Much as it pains me to agree with some here.....But those who "get it" are right.
I have been looking every day, as I have money burning a hole in my pocket, but I have two Harleys in the garage that just require some effort on my part.
But if I had not, then a late 103 or 110 would be in my garage now.
As for the model.....That is purely personal, but I do love my Softails, as they are low and very comfortable on long rides for me.....I hate my Electraglide, but it sounds the bollocks and that is enough for me not to buy another right now.
I have ridden the new engine bikes and they are brilliant if you like Japanese stuff.

Twizzle said:
Tricky is still looking where to "Get It" hence his 6 Harleys to my 2..

I didn’t realise it was a competition to see who can own the fewest bikes... :nenau

Anyway I’m so pleased I don’t “get it”.

I like Harley’s cos they are nice bikes to ride and own. All the lifestyle bollocks is not for me. :p

I didn’t realise it was a competition to see who can own the fewest bikes... :nenau

Anyway I’m so pleased I don’t “get it”.

I like Harley’s cos they are nice bikes to ride and own. All the lifestyle bollocks is not for me. :p

You do "get it" Your borders you have put up to depth are there for a reason......And you know it!

Not sure I get it, but this suits my cheerful persona :cool:

Attachments

• 48ECF7D0-A19D-4EB5-A96B-AD112431C97B.jpg
    48ECF7D0-A19D-4EB5-A96B-AD112431C97B.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 326
I am not sure if I am worthy of giving my opinion having only owned my 03 Road King for a month or so, but I love it, Think I get it as I love the feel of older bikes OK it's not a classic but old enough not to feel too modern and can hopefully be fixed by a fairly novice diy'er. As it's currently in pieces all over the house, I only went in to check the tensioners and thought hell they look a little worn and so on.....

Ladies and Jellyspoons, meet the new whip.

68 plate 114 RKS, having 4.5 V&H destroyers, removeable rack and sissy bar and a screen fitted. All in....a touch over budget :blast

Attachments

• A6241547-B190-46D9-AEE1-401A975DA6CD.jpg
    A6241547-B190-46D9-AEE1-401A975DA6CD.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 331
Very nice; now go and wrap it up until April ;)

Ladies and Jellyspoons, meet the new whip.

68 plate 114 RKS, having 4.5 V&H destroyers, removeable rack and sissy bar and a screen fitted. All in....a touch over budget :blast

Very nice. Love the midnight blue.

You obviously have excellent taste! :thumb2

Never got Harleys having ridden the older models. I test rode for a laugh the Soft tail Fat bob 114, silly move, I now own one.
Might not be a "real" Harley but I spent ages listening to luddites ragging on about 1100 and 1150 Gs's and I thought they were crap compared to my 1200's :green gri
Got it from Stratstone in Birmingham, they gave me £2,000 "deposit contribution" what's not to like ??
Due to bereavement (not mine) taking up time, only managed 250 odd miles in the last couple of weeks but already loving it.

How the mighty have fallen :D

Congratulations (I think ;) ).

That looks like Nottingham HD (Robing Hood)?

Andres

You have a keen eye grasshopper :thumb

Now need to sell the 1150adv and Triumph 955i Daytona to make space.

Back
Top Bottom