Hankering after a Harley

Ladies and Jellyspoons, meet the new whip.

68 plate 114 RKS, having 4.5 V&H destroyers, removeable rack and sissy bar and a screen fitted. All in....a touch over budget :blast

Very nice. Now start saving for a stage 2 cam to really wake it up!

Never got Harleys having ridden the older models. I test rode for a laugh the Soft tail Fat bob 114, silly move, I now own one.
Might not be a "real" Harley but I spent ages listening to luddites ragging on about 1100 and 1150 Gs's and I thought they were crap compared to my 1200's :green gri
Got it from Stratstone in Birmingham, they gave me £2,000 "deposit contribution" what's not to like ??
Due to bereavement (not mine) taking up time, only managed 250 odd miles in the last couple of weeks but already loving it.

Welcome to Fat Bob Club!

Ladies and Jellyspoons, meet the new whip.

68 plate 114 RKS, having 4.5 V&H destroyers, removeable rack and sissy bar and a screen fitted. All in....a touch over budget :blast

That is very nice with the perfect QD add ins - lovely!!!

Never got Harleys having ridden the older models. I test rode for a laugh the Soft tail Fat bob 114, silly move, I now own one.
Might not be a "real" Harley but I spent ages listening to luddites ragging on about 1100 and 1150 Gs's and I thought they were crap compared to my 1200's :green gri
Got it from Stratstone in Birmingham, they gave me £2,000 "deposit contribution" what's not to like ??
Due to bereavement (not mine) taking up time, only managed 250 odd miles in the last couple of weeks but already loving it.

When the evo came out it wasnt a “proper” Harley. Then the twin cam was the spawn of the devil and the evo was the best Harley ever. I have an evo and a twin cam, took a 114 out and thought it was wonderful, felt just like a Harley. The only thing I didn’t like was the comedy wide tyres but that was just down to the model I rode.

When the evo came out it wasnt a “proper” Harley. Then the twin cam was the spawn of the devil and the evo was the best Harley ever. I have an evo and a twin cam, took a 114 out and thought it was wonderful, felt just like a Harley. The only thing I didn’t like was the comedy wide tyres but that was just down to the model I rode.

I have two Evos, two twin cams, although one of them is pure S&S, and have been riding a 114 recently. I’ll pass on the “new” Harleys, they’ve become too “Sterile” in their feel. I know that legislation has driven the company this way, but that’s my (not so) humble opinion. :D

When the evo came out it wasnt a “proper” Harley. Then the twin cam was the spawn of the devil and the evo was the best Harley ever. I have an evo and a twin cam, took a 114 out and thought it was wonderful, felt just like a Harley.

At last. Someone who knows old Harley’s but actually “gets” the new models as well. :thumb2

Having owned 2 Twin Cams, I've swapped to an old VRod......the almost universally hated bike by 'real' Hog owners; I can report that it may not be a 'proper' Harley, but the brakes work, as does the suspension, and the motor puts out a fair amount of power. Due to the 'lifestyle hipsters' who fancy the image rather than dynamics, or the 'potatoe-potatoe' dinosaurs, it's a fairly uncommon bike. My point is that it doesn't matter what others think....go with what you like.

Must say the RKS does look rather nice, and I'd give the new Fat Boy a home too.

Must be something in the water.... just added this to the garage

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 417
Finally got it to be the right bike. 12” fat apes are pure gangsta but got to have the backrest for old man comfort :D

Attachments

• 46E7F7A2-062E-4FE1-8002-07C5A7F1F0AA.jpeg
    46E7F7A2-062E-4FE1-8002-07C5A7F1F0AA.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 337
I think the last part of the puzzle is the headlight visor thingy, I also have a wind splitter screen on order for those long trips.

12” bars are miles more comfy and can be done without changing brake or clutch lines. Took about 5 1/2 hours and a lot of swearing to do the job. Just need the canbus wiring extenders.

Chinese grips were shit so went with Avon grips, FP3 fuelpak, tribar light, de reflectored (smoked one on bags) 4” slash cut S&S pipes, satnav plumbed in and sitting dead centre of the bars (nice and low and out of the way) heated jacket wiring. She definitely pulls a crowd when you pull up.

Attachments

• C5C00E54-DEC0-4F0E-9CE9-4E071CB514E2.jpg
    C5C00E54-DEC0-4F0E-9CE9-4E071CB514E2.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 336
I think the last part of the puzzle is the headlight visor thingy, I also have a wind splitter screen on order for those long trips.

12” bars are miles more comfy and can be done without changing brake or clutch lines. Took about 5 1/2 hours and a lot of swearing to do the job. Just need the canbus wiring extenders.

Chinese grips were shit so went with Avon grips, FP3 fuelpak, tribar light, de reflectored (smoked one on bags) 4” slash cut S&S pipes, satnav plumbed in and sitting dead centre of the bars (nice and low and out of the way) heated jacket wiring. She definitely pulls a crowd when you pull up.

That’s very nice indeed mate :okay

Vivid Black is the right colour for sure!

Unfortunately it’s midnight blue :D

That’s why this is actually the colour to have! When it’s dull it looks black and in the sunshine it pops with a heavy metallic blue, it’s a bastard to avoid scratches, but a great colour.

The bars actually look good (am normally not a fan of anything higher than mini ape). :)

But that backrest looks like it should be in an oesteopath catalogue.

Back
Top Bottom