Hankering after a Harley

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The Harley itch needs scratching!

Roadking or Electraglide with the tour pack removed?

wheres the best place to find reasonably priced bikes, they all seem very expensive, looking circa 5-8k.

Thanks for the advice (if what comes back is classed as advise and not abuse :D).

eBay.....sadly - but if that’s your budget - that’s your best chance - you will get an Early Twin Cam no stress - or a tidy EVO

Think Airhead Vs Oilhead...

Ride one first.......marmite.....

Yep, I love marmite :okay

Feeling the need to slow my pace, chill, and plod. This year has been a turning point for me. I’ve ridden some great modern bikes and a few old 1970s shitters, the shitters were more fun. Just this week I had to ride a customers 1200 sportster. Way too small for me, but the forks clunked and clattered, it tramlined like a twat and the fuelling was plain awful.....it was brilliant :D

Carbed Harleys running As mine do with a CV rebuild kit back to factory spec run really sweet / the tram lining is normally the fucking horrible Dunlop’s - Avon’s running 5-10psi over stock cure it - the forks - well fuck knows - I run a 1200 Sporty and the front end is fine ...

Harley front ends are Showa - so lots of choice.

Yep, I love marmite :okay

Feeling the need to slow my pace, chill, and plod. This year has been a turning point for me. I’ve ridden some great modern bikes and a few old 1970s shitters, the shitters were more fun. Just this week I had to ride a customers 1200 sportster. Way too small for me, but the forks clunked and clattered, it tramlined like a twat and the fuelling was plain awful.....it was brilliant :D

Excellent reasoning......except you don’t have to “plod”.......

There’s a Facebook group “Harley Davidson for sale uk”....... knock yourself out....

Carbed Harleys running As mine do with a CV rebuild kit back to factory spec run really sweet / the tram lining is normally the fucking horrible Dunlop’s - Avon’s running 5-10psi over stock cure it - the forks - well fuck knows - I run a 1200 Sporty and the front end is fine ...

Harley front ends are Showa - so lots of choice.

1200 sporty - a girl's bike!

How do you fit on a sporty?

My wife rides a 1340 Evo Heritage.

I have a 1340 Evo Glide - the 1200 Sporty is for light relief - plus it’s a hoot to ride.

Attachments

• 23DCA229-0BF6-42D0-AAA6-E6E80D4E93C5.jpeg
    23DCA229-0BF6-42D0-AAA6-E6E80D4E93C5.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 669
Here’s a better picture:

Attachments

• 4A8E36AF-4C13-4E9D-AE82-DD5317F7070F.jpg
    4A8E36AF-4C13-4E9D-AE82-DD5317F7070F.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 808
Budget has risen, up to 15k.....not many streetglides around though

Street glides tend to be keepers - often thin on the ground..

At £15k you may find yourself stuck between Twin Cams at £13k and M8’s at £16k plus....

Street glides tend to be keepers - often thin on the ground..

At £15k you may find yourself stuck between Twin Cams at £13k and M8’s at £16k plus....

I could find another grand for a 16k M8 but they all seem to be £17+ and not sure it’s worth paying the extra, tbh £15k for a motorcycle seems a bit excessive. Is the M8 worth the extra, are they that much better? (Bear in mind that I’m not bothered about the additional speed of the M8).

Getting the M8 is definitely worth it.

Lovely engine in the 107 or 114. I paid close to your budget (17k) earlier this year for an ex demo Road King Special 114 with only 200 miles on it.

So deals can be had if you look around. :thumb2

Attachments

• D7CFC333-A81B-4431-874E-33EFB8CC4105.jpg
    D7CFC333-A81B-4431-874E-33EFB8CC4105.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 397
Blade in Abingdon had a lovely RKS, same as Tricky’s for sale but it must have sold . But they now have this beaut in what I think is the best colour . It’s a 107, not a 114 though .

It’s November-Give them a call and offer them £15500 !! Then ship it ooooop norf

That olive green is the best colour but is only available on the first model year of the RKS.

If you’re planning on mainly solo riding without all the extra touring shite then the Road King is the one to get. :)

Back
Top Bottom