CAT yes or no ?

I am going to talk de cat Vs OEM but on KTM

My pal has a SDR with full Akro Ti system and the fueling map that goes with that kit

My SDGT had standard headers but an Akro end can

When we were in spain we did several side by side comparisons on a motorway when we were bored

40 -80 and top gear roll on from 60

The full system SDR did not make any gains on the standard SDgt until beyond 130 mph

At the end of it my mate made the comment that for performance purposes he had wasted 2 grand

visually though the full Ti system looks lovely ......

I am going to talk de cat Vs OEM but on KTM

My pal has a SDR with full Akro Ti system and the fueling map that goes with that kit

My SDGT had standard headers but an Akro end can

When we were in spain we did several side by side comparisons on a motorway when we were bored

40 -80 and top gear roll on from 60

The full system SDR did not make any gains on the standard SDgt until beyond 130 mph

At the end of it my mate made the comment that for performance purposes he had wasted 2 grand

visually though the full Ti system looks lovely ......

The cats on the 1290 ktms are tiny anyway. They're more like a sports cat, hence why the end cans are quite restrictive to compensate, the 1250 cat is very similar.
Where as on some of the Jap bikes, like a the Yamahas for example, the cat is huge but the end can is then straight through.

Environmentally keep the cat.

To make it breath better, and for added flexibility over any crap fuel from Peterhead, ditch it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Im thinking the fuel for this neck of the woods comes from Aberdeen. Its shipped up by boat from Grangemouth. Distribution centre is dockside in Tory IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been an interesting discussion but I’ve decided to bin the idea and waste my dosh on some other useless bling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in my R1200GSA LC i Have Euro3 CAT Akra + titan headpipes.. i had buying to a CAT to prevent gases... but in the end, the mechanical of BMW told me was better fit a CAT to not allow free gases come direct from piston to end can.. in that way the KAT make a function like "exhaust pressure gases"... All in my bike is Akra (end can + headpipe + CAT)

Back
Top Bottom