New XR

i wonder how much ££££ this change is going to cost !

Seems they have listened to there customers - the harsh suspension has been altered and 4th-5th-6th gears made longer.

Those are exactly the reasons I got rid of mine, so this could be expensive! :D

6072b719b6981ae4a7ce6a77d86a6da3.plist

I’m sure I’ve seen that front end before :):barf

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fb/43/2f/fb432f8a535ef607ca5a30e0e33793a4.jpg

Last edited:
Saw new xr s at nec yesterday wont be rushing out to place order
I see also the panniers fittings are vario like mounting points so new luggage will be required

It would cost me £6.5k (without panniers) to swap my 2019, 3100 miler in HP colours. That's a lot of Tonga for a TFT, higher gearing and LED lights.

Going down the Denali route for lights, never cruise for long so the gearing is irrelevant TFT would be nice but that's all.

The finish on my HP is far better than the one I saw at the show.

They can’t use the shift cam rr engine as it keeps shitting itself .

Seams the 1250 is also having trouble my buddy is on 2nd bike ,and now that’s knackered needing new engine little end failure at 400 mile.
Dealership has 15 bikes sat round the back .

They can’t use the shift cam rr engine as it keeps shitting itself .

Seams the 1250 is also having trouble my buddy is on 2nd bike ,and now that’s knackered needing new engine little end failure at 400 mile.
Dealership has 15 bikes sat round the back .

But bikes come with a 3 year warranty so it really isn’t an issue !

Oh and the brakes were leaking, he’s been looked after but lucky he’s got time to keep going back every week .
I bet there’s lots of people with noisy engines not realising there F...cked .

I think the additions are great to be fair, but would have expected 'better' styling, or choice of colours. It isn't difficult.

As said before, I am a recent owner and was fully aware of the expected changes, but decided I could live without them - well for a couple of years until my next change - instead getting a great discount. That discount is probably equal to how much the previous model has dropped now, so I could probably sell and break even, which is a good result for me.

I've ordered the ti headers, so the money pit continues - Nutty - your fault!

I think the additions are great to be fair, but would have expected 'better' styling, or choice of colours. It isn't difficult.

As said before, I am a recent owner and was fully aware of the expected changes, but decided I could live without them - well for a couple of years until my next change - instead getting a great discount. That discount is probably equal to how much the previous model has dropped now, so I could probably sell and break even, which is a good result for me.

I've ordered the ti headers, so the money pit continues - Nutty - your fault!

Sorry! :D

Yes, look and feel of the plastics around the tank and beak appeared cheap compared to my 2019 HP and I was expecting to be wowed over and place an immediate order. The Ducati Multistada was far better paintwork and plastic quality IMHO.

Ok, interesting to know, thanks. :thumb

As the bike looks very similar, apart from the headlight and TFT dash, I’m surprised, as I’d have thought the rest would be virtually the same. But it looks like the accountants have done their thing on this bike as well then. :blast

As the bike looks very similar, apart from the headlight and TFT dash, I’m surprised, as I’d have thought the rest would be virtually the same. But it looks like the accountants have done their thing on this bike as well then. :blast

Quick cancel that order from you special contact for the M Sport version that nobody knows about yet :)

its a new frame and plastics.

Quick cancel that order from you special contact for the M Sport version that nobody knows about yet :)

Who said anything about an M Sport? :nenau

I said there will be an M1000XR, as BMW have registered the model name. ;)

Just got price of new S1000xr here in rep of Ireland
Fully spec model with led and tft gone up by €5 k to €24500 here
Crazy price

I will for sure try one in march see how it measures up to my 1250GS-HP.
But without T-L and chaindrive it would have to be absolute bloody good to get a consideration as fast and well handling the 1250GS with optional sports suspension is.
Wished BMW had gone S1100XR or S1200XR for even more grunt and replaced the chain with a belt-drive to appeal even to K1200/1300S owners looking to upgrate !
10 Kilos less,LED headlight and vibration decoupled handlebar are good but I had expected more...Grey looks good what where is the black version that made the old one look so good ?
Having said that still the only superbike you actually can ride on the street without breaking your balls...:thumb
As the 1290 Superduke GT has mo centerstand,bags that leak in the rain and a tank that really only short legged people can get comfortable with.

Back
Top Bottom