New XR

I will for sure try one in march see how it measures up to my 1250GS-HP.
But without T-L and chaindrive it would have to be absolute bloody good to get a consideration as fast and well handling the 1250GS with optional sports suspension is.
Wished BMW had gone S1100XR or S1200XR for even more grunt and replaced the chain with a belt-drive to appeal even to K1200/1300S owners looking to upgrate !
10 Kilos less,LED headlight and vibration decoupled handlebar are good but I had expected more...Grey looks good what where is the black version that made the old one look so good ?
Having said that still the only superbike you actually can ride on the street without breaking your balls...:thumb
As the 1290 Superduke GT has mo centerstand,bags that leak in the rain and a tank that really only short legged people can get comfortable with.

Ah bless. It’s the Christmas stuck record. Ho ho ho !! :)

But without T-L and chaindrive it would have to be absolute bloody good to get a consideration as fast and well handling the 1250GS with optional sports suspension is.
Wished BMW had gone S1100XR or S1200XR for even more grunt and replaced the chain with a belt-drive to appeal even to K1200/1300S owners looking to upgrate !
10 Kilos less,LED headlight and vibration decoupled handlebar are good but I had expected more...Grey looks good what where is the black version that made the old one look so good ?
Having said that still the only superbike you actually can ride on the street without breaking your balls...:thumb
As the 1290 Superduke GT has mo centerstand,bags that leak in the rain and a tank that really only short legged people can get comfortable with.

:jes:jes:jes

Easy way to change gearing on the old model is to change sprocket sizes, simples

When’s the new one arriving at dealers?

As the old model pisses all over the 1250 should be even better then!

I would say my 1250GS-HP killed my lust for the S1000XR for good...:D
O.K. the XR is still faster in a straight line but not as much anymore as with the 1200GS.
Nothing a M1300GS could not solve...:D
You can't have it all...It is either superbike acceleration,chain and forkdive or fast enough to be fun,shaftdrive and Telelever...!?!?
I will for sure try the new S1000XR but I think I'll stick with my 1250...:thumb
Unless the new XR feels super ballistic and steers even quicker than a GS with optional sports-suspension...we'll see.
Kind of hoped BMW would have gone to 1100 or even 1200 cc with the new XR and 200 hp and more TORQUE to scare yourself silly...:thumby:
But as far streetbikes go I think it is either the XR or GS as the best street-bikes for 2020 !
Just slightly different flavors...

MCN has been testing the new 2020 XR.
Fuck me,I actually quite like that colour...

8f5cba7d25f25410575e741df4b6a664.jpg

5addf18628c88ca53daa2db91d359e23.jpg

Looks good. Interesting that there was no mention of “vibes” in the MCN report.

Looks good. Interesting that there was no mention of “vibes” in the MCN report.

And the journalist wasn’t thrown off and killed !

First vid review

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6ljsd9vSMpo?controls=0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MCN has been testing the new 2020 XR.
Fuck me,I actually quite like that colour...

8f5cba7d25f25410575e741df4b6a664.jpg

5addf18628c88ca53daa2db91d359e23.jpg

My old gaffer had a 7 series in that colour in the early 80s; that looks good.:beerjug:
I bet that centre stand is an extra;:D

wow....does look good , looking forward to seeing that in the flesh

As a bike, it doesn't really do it for me! I don't know why (got one at work and I've spent a fair bit of time on it ..) I just ..... dunno? Good engine and that's it. For me that's all its got going for it. :nenau

As a bike, it doesn't really do it for me! I don't know why (got one at work and I've spent a fair bit of time on it ..) I just ..... dunno? Good engine and that's it. For me that's all its got going for it. :nenau

The 1000RR is stunning but the XR is lacking something.

John Milbank compares it to his 2019 bike on Bennetts channel

He concludes that the upgrades are not enough of a reason to trade up although recognises there are some good improvements and some he feels make it softer such as the wallowy suspension in road mode. He does not mention this, but I suspect that is due to the auto-levelling suspension as I found the same on more recent versions of the GS compared to the ones where you set the preload manually.

I really liked my old one (that you rode), but it had its shortfalls (lack of torque, harsh suspension, crap headlight), so it seems these have all been addressed in the new model. It’s the only bike in the BMW lineup that has my interest at the moment.

I may need to do a nutty special and run one alongside the KTM for a year, before deciding which one is better to live with. :green gri

Kind of hoped BMW would have gone to 1100 or even 1200 cc with the new XR and 200 hp and more TORQUE to scare yourself silly...:thumby:

The first thing the Yankees will do is re-flash the ECU to remove BMW's speed limiter on a 200hp, 185 mph XR. When the thing takes off, they will sue BMW for unsuitable aerodynamics.

Back
Top Bottom