New XR

Delboy777

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The new edition of the acclaimed S 1000 XR is radically lighter, faster, and more versatile than before.

With four riding modes as standard, a 6.5-inch TFT display and full connectivity, the new S 1000 XR delivers cutting-edge technology, comfort, and performance.

Register your interest here:

www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/service/f...d.html?cid=pm_soc_loc_socm_fb_pos_7mis7_7mis7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some much needed upgrades to the new model with TFT screen, full LED lights with the additional adaptive turning light for the headlight pro option, rear indicators from the S1000RR which include the stop and tail lights to name just a few!!

Looking forward to seeing the first one when they are launched and i'll definitely be arranging a test ride..

I couldn’t see any mention of keyless. Is that an option?

It's got everything the old hasn't
lights,TPM,keyless,hill hold,tft,Aux lights,storage place like on the GSA,different screens but no mention as to wether the grips got hot.?
Only thing they've not shown is the gps mount.? as the new screen adjusts, I bet the mount will be where the RS and R have theirs

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/attachment/T0302052EN/441159

Not struck on the styling and they’ve missed a trick if they’ve not put the shiftcam motor from the RR in the XR as that has so much grunt and character, which I would have thought would suit the XR.
Cynical move to get new owners and then stick in the shiftcam motor next year ?

I agree, it should have had at shift cam too, would have been a really good seller then

Wonder if they’ve fixed the vibes. I doubt it somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6072b719b6981ae4a7ce6a77d86a6da3.plist

I agree, it should have had at shift cam too, would have been a really good seller then

I don’t think BMW will have any problems shifting large numbers of these. ;)

Same engine then and a few electronic add ons here and there. Still pretty ugly too.:(

But XR sales are only 1/4 of GS sales.I guess BMW would rather push the GS than make the XR the best it can be.

That number is still significant worldwide though.

Using your analogy, they could simple cease production, favouring the GS, but the XR remains a popular bike.

I bought a GS in 2017, knowing of the impending updates. I have done the same recently with the XR. For many of us, we change bikes frequently, so it's often impossible to maintain each model change. My preference is to get the best outgoing model deal and suffer the lack of 'improvements', which in the latest XR reveal are nothing to make me wish I had waited.

Its the new RR engine retuned for more midrange with longer gearing and the handlebars clamps have been redesigned hopefully to eliminate vibes

Not struck on the styling and they’ve missed a trick if they’ve not put the shiftcam motor from the RR in the XR as that has so much grunt and character, which I would have thought would suit the XR.
Cynical move to get new owners and then stick in the shiftcam motor next year ?

Apparently it is the new engine but it’s tuned for more midrange. Also on the S1000RR the shift cam kicks in at 9000 revs so the boffins achieved mid range grunt without Shift Cam. But it’s confusing as some journos claim it’s not a new engine. My info came from a BMW employee but they can be misled by Mission Control.

The guy said an in-line four can have linear power delivery if revs are limited and the valve train designed to do that. It’s a different valve train to the RR.

i wonder how much ££££ this change is going to cost !

Seems they have listened to there customers - the harsh suspension has been altered and 4th-5th-6th gears made longer.

But XR sales are only 1/4 of GS sales.I guess BMW would rather push the GS than make the XR the best it can be.

That's still a hell of a lot of bikes. ;)

Back
Top Bottom