R80 GS graphics

Hogie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting my tank painted over winter to tidy it up and get rid of the dents. If I do is there a source for the tank graphics ’800’ and the pin stripes. Also how would I remove the BMW rounded badges?
David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another vote for Heritage Stickers. Quality products and service. Gian does his research and produces all the stickers you need for a full restoration including warning labels and such like.

To remove the bmw roundels;

Prise up an edge with a sharp knife (gently) and then use fishing line underneath as a Garrotte to scrape behind to remove the roundels (that way you may be able to re-use them)

Bubb

To remove the bmw roundels;

Prise up an edge with a sharp knife (gently) and then use fishing line underneath as a Garrotte to scrape behind to remove the roundels (that way you may be able to re-use them)

Bubb

Does local heating help ?

Barny

My thanks to Tetley and Bubb for the advice on removing the roundels. I think I will try and heat them before I garrotte them, particularly as I will be doing this in the middle of winter.
David

Hogie.

Yes, gentle heating will help soften the glue I recon.

Think the stickerman as above will do the blue ones if you contact Gian.

Good luck
Bubb

In place of fishing line, which may not always be to hand, dental floss wrapped around a couple of pencils like a garrotte works particularly well as it’s very fine and strong.

Humvee of this parish does graphics.... look in the vendors section.

If you want a couple of feet of fine braid to do the cheese-wiring, let me have your address - as fine as floss and stronger. You will need something to act as a handle or it will cut your hand.

Thank you all for the tips and advice. King Rat thank you for the offer and if I get stuck I will come back to you and I will be sure to post a pic in the Paralever register section once work is complete

Back
Top Bottom