1250 GSA fog-light query

Mallard

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2019 1250 Rallye Adventure and I do not like the position of the aux fog lights on the crash-bars.

There is a BMW fog light bracket (which I think is part No: 77 51 8 389 189) for the 1200GS that fits under the beak which has the effect of raising the height of the fog-lights.

Does anyone know if this will fit my GSA?

Ive just fitted one of these to my 1250GS, i don't think you would get the mounting bar on with the upper bars. They come out just under the air intakes if that helps.

Thanks MF.

So, if I removed the 'upper' crash-bars, - leaving the lower ones on the bike, - the bracket should fit?

I think you're right in your assumption Dave, and it would increase the height of the lights but after having had a look at the Denali bracket, I don't think my BMW lights would fit without some form of bracket or modification. Interestingly, - the Denali bracket is more expensive than the BMW one. Best not tell BMW that! :D

I think you're right in your assumption Dave, and it would increase the height of the lights but after having had a look at the Denali bracket, I don't think my BMW lights would fit without some form of bracket or modification. Interestingly, - the Denali bracket is more expensive than the BMW one. Best not tell BMW that! :D

Just to note I used the Chinese copy bracket from eBay, £30. Fits and works prefect just like the OEM one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Ra...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Thanks Brilliant! Things are improving by the minute. They even provide measurements so that you can size it up first. £30 compared to BMW £68, compared to Denali £96.

Just an update on this. I did manage to fit the bracket and move the spots a little higher and further forward. A totally pointless exercise but in my eyes it looks better.

I finished up buying the bracket from Bohling - it cost a little more than the Chinese copy, but if it didn't fit I could return it. Although the bracket fits in exactly the same way as on the GS, it will not fit straight onto the GSA. I had to make up some 5cm spacers which allows the bracket to clear the beak. The lights therefore sit a little lower than on the GS. There was no problem with the upper crash bars.

Attachments

• IMG_20191118_135832_BURST001_COVERd.jpg
    IMG_20191118_135832_BURST001_COVERd.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 318

Back
Top Bottom